What breed are my kittens?

ciarajay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone help me figure out what breed my 12 week old kittens may be? We got them from a rescue, so we had no information about them! They were in a litter of four kittens and we took 2, Umi and Monty. This is their first kitten pic we got from the rescue, with their 2 sisters:

and here's some more of them since:

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are so cute!  I would guess they are domestic short hairs which means house cat; no particular breed.  Which one is male?  I was reading that male kittens are always the color or colors of the mom & female kittens take a color from both.    Having trouble proving this all the time however.  Good luck and enjoy those babies!  They look much younger than 12 weeks to me.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to say Domestic Longhair. They do look younger than 12 weeks, more like 7 or 8.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ciarajay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@Goldycat I think you're right about their age. We've had them for four weeks and were told they were 8 weeks at adoption, but the vet has since told us they're more than likely 10 weeks now, not 12. They're a little bigger now than they were in the last picture.

@Riley1 the boy is the all black  dude :) 

I think they will definitely be long hairs alright, they're absolute fuzzlords.