what brands sold at wal-mart do you reccommend?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats Purina Cat Chow Indoor formula...mainly because they won't eat anything else. I've tried Iams and the better brands but they just don't like it and Iams (when it was eaten) made their poop stink really bad. I would love to be able to afford some of the higher end foods and try them, but right now, I can't afford to spend $30 on a bag of cat food. Maybe after I win the lottery....

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Otto - I thought corn was HIGH on the allegen inducing list? I have all male fosters. Should I be feeding something with a little corn in it just in case? They are getting Authority Dry Sensitive Solutions - no corn, wheat or beef.

Pet fountain and wet food 2x day.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Otto - I thought corn was HIGH on the allegen inducing list? I have all male fosters. Should I be feeding something with a little corn in it just in case? They are getting Authority Dry Sensitive Solutions - no corn, wheat or beef.

Pet fountain and wet food 2x day.
My opinion is, if it works, don't fix it!

Sounds to me like everything you are doing for the fosters is fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our walmart doesnt have much selection in large bags.. there are a few good brands in small bags, but I just cant afford to buy the smaller bags like that.

I made a special trip to the feed store. They have a very good selection in dog foods, but their cat food selection was abit lacking. They had several good brands in small bags, but the large bags was pretty much the same as walmarts.. I did find a large bag of diamond, and a large bag of authority? I ended up buying a 6 pd bag of it to try, and if it works out I'll start getting the larger bag.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Diamond naturals IMHO is a fairly good food/... Authority is also decent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ah it wasnt authority.. its Premium Edge

first 5 ingredients..
Chicken, Chicken Meal, egg product, cracked pearled barley, ground rice

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

My opinion is, if it works, don't fix it!

Sounds to me like everything you are doing for the fosters is fine.
They get Authority wet 2x day too... or others that I find.. sometimes give them a treat like Wellness or Evo.