What brand of soap do you use??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't use any antibacterial soaps either. They all do to my hands what the soaps at the hospital did. I can't imagine if I used it on my body or my face. Yikes.

If this tells you anything, I have a big scar on my shoulder from a reaction to Mr Bubble bubble bath when I was a little girl. It pretty much burned me...and that stuff is supposed to be gentle for little kids to use. The scar looks like if you had a scar from having hot water or grease poured on you.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use dove sensitive skin soap. It is the only thing I have found that doesn't completely dry out my skin.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There used to be a soap called Basis, I don't know if it is still made or not. I know someone with eczema who used it after a recommendation from a Dermatologist and it worked very well. She showered with that every other day and sponge bathed in the needed areas with Cetephil the other days.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

LOL I love Lush but my husband hates it. We just had a discussion about it tonight. We went to Chicago last October and I went to the Lush store there. I bought a bunch of bath bombs and bubble bars. Since my husband doesn't like the smell of any Lush item I haven't used a few of them. I decided to take a bath last night and used a bit of a bubble bar (can't recognize which one) and he freaked out today. *sigh*

I had a TON of soap, including some discontinued ones, but I ended up giving them to my mom. I got most of them off the Lush swap board before they shut it down.

Would you like a Bathos bubble bar and a Sakura bath bomb? I still have 1/2 of the unknown bubble bar and 1/2 of a MA bubble bar that I need to use up. They are over a year old, the Sakura seems faded but I think it was like that when I got it, and the Bathos looks brand new and is still really soft and bright purple. PM me if you'd like them.
Would I! Only if you aren't going to use them!

If you want to get your husband to like Lush stuff, try out the Wiccy Massage bar.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I went to Whole Foods today just to look at their selection of fragrance free face and hair...stuff.

They did have the JR Liggett shampoo bars there, but the regular one STUNK! No offense to the people that use it, but WHOOF.

Kiss My Face has a 100% Olive Oil bar soap, the ingredients are Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride. This sounds like a good option.

They also have 365 brand fragrance free shampoo and conditioner. I wish they had it in the trial size so I could try it out. My husband hates it when I buy shampoo and use it a few times and then it sits in our linen closet.
I also hate that you can't find their products online so I can't look up the ingredients in the conditioner to see if it has cones in it. I didn't think so by a quick read of them, but sometimes it is hard to tell when a cone ingredient doesn't have a name that ends in "one".

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use Aveeno bars in the winter for dry skin. I also like the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps. They're fair trade/100% vegan with all natural ingredients. I like the Lavender, Almond, Rose and Peppermint. Vitacost.com sells them for cheap. I also have a tea tree oil soap I like but I can't remember the brand.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really use soap since I am sort of allergic to it so I use body wash preferably Dove.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

Well, I went to Whole Foods today just to look at their selection of fragrance free face and hair...stuff.

They did have the JR Liggett shampoo bars there, but the regular one STUNK! No offense to the people that use it, but WHOOF.

Kiss My Face has a 100% Olive Oil bar soap, the ingredients are Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride. This sounds like a good option.

They also have 365 brand fragrance free shampoo and conditioner. I wish they had it in the trial size so I could try it out. My husband hates it when I buy shampoo and use it a few times and then it sits in our linen closet.
I also hate that you can't find their products online so I can't look up the ingredients in the conditioner to see if it has cones in it. I didn't think so by a quick read of them, but sometimes it is hard to tell when a cone ingredient doesn't have a name that ends in "one".
Nora: The cones will end with "cone" cyclomethicone, dimethicone.... Look for them ,and if you don't find it, you got lucky!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then I don't think the fragrance free 365 brand conditioner has cones in it, though I've seen some that don't end in -cone that I have looked up and have ended up being a silicone. Sneaky turds.

We found out today that Greyson needs glasses (20/110 in one eye, 20/100 in the other!) so I'm going out tomorrow to different places to look at the prices for glasses, and to buy hubby and birthday gift, so I think I'll stop by Whole Foods and pick up the 365 shampoo and conditioner anyway. I'll pick up a couple different bars of soap also to see what works well on my face. Hopefully something works!! The Jason fragrance free face cleanser seems GREAT, but it is $10, and I just can't justify that when we are pretty much broke.

My poor hair just HATES cones. I have been using VO5 for a long time, which is cone free. I used to have horrible split ends and since I started using VO5 I haven't had ANY! Seriously! My husband's aunt cuts our hair and she always comments on how healthy my hair is, and I'm using the cheap shampoo! lol A while ago I got bored and tried some Herbal Essences, and within a week I had split ends all over the place and it just felt gross.

I've never used a fragrance free shampoo before. I wonder what my hair will smell like. LOL I love it when my hair smells pretty (which is the main reason I got Herbal Essences, b/c it made my hair smell great), so this will be strange.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah... some of the V05 are actually pretty good - the one you use, and the Kiwi Lime squeeze are my favorites... I went for a long time without cones, and sulfate free... But now that I work for a shampoo company... hey, I am broke, bring it on! It's pretty great stuff though... There is cone, but in very little molecules that actually go right into the shaft, and doesn't coat my hair or give me build up... hate that feeling... my hair gets nasty on bad cone!!!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Kiwi Lime sounds wonderful! I can't find it anywhere here though. I'm lucky that there is a store in my neighborhood (like a block from my house) that sells the Tea Therapy kind, b/c I haven't seen it anywhere else. I've looked just about everywhere, and if they even carry VO5, it is the basic scents, and usually just 2-3 scents max. The store I get mine at has every scent BUT the Kiwi Lime. *grumble* They only have the green tea shampoo and the chamomile conditioner, though. LOL They don't sell the matching green tea conditioner.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Avon shower gels (specifically the Naturals and Skin So Soft lines). Over the counter shower gels at the big box store or pharmacy make me break out in an itchy rash all over. The last time I bought the Dove unscented bar it didn't seem to clean as well as they used too.

I've been using Aussie shampoo/conditioner because it doesn't make my scalp itch like the other shampoos.

Seems like the older I get, the more sensitive I get to different things.