What Brand of Litter?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use Tidy Cats for Multiple Cats - works awesome, we've been using it since Harley was a baby - we don't find it too dusty or anything. I've never had the need to try anything else I guess either.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a fan of the Presidents Choice Green litter. It's also corn based, although a bit different than worlds best. I assume it's a lot like the feed, which I have had a hard time finding. This works though, it's easy to pick up in the bags, and the bags are resealable.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We use Arm and Hammer -- the one in the bag, not the box. It smells like pine and clumps really well. I also use a litter box spray freshner daily, which helps in our house as our baby, Maverick, is a kicker so dirty litter is often kicked out onto the mat.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to change my vote. The PC litter smell has been driving me batty lately! Time to switch back to Worlds best!....in a couple months once I work through my current supply.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
22 cats and I use fresh step scoop. even held a unneutered males cat pee without to much odor

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I usually use store brand clumping, however it is dusty. Price is right $2.99 for 14 lbs. No odor though, but I scoop twice daily. I have two cats using it. The litter box is in the utility room which is off the kitchen. If there is an odor after usage
a room spray takes care of it. Of course I scoop right away.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used Tidy Cats for multiple cats and I was very displeased with it. It doesn't seem to clump at all, and doesn't really control the odor as well as I would like. Fresh Step seems to work well, but the best that I've found so far is Scoop Away. With 6 cats, it works very well and I'm happy with it. I also use the Arm & Hammer deodorizer.

pearce1974

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Being cheap last week I bought the 28-pound bag of special kitty scoopable litter with crystals, carbon [reads just like fresh step] for under 7 bucks [but the next day, scared as heck after I mixed it with my normal multiple cat fresh step, I had my SO buy the good ol' fresh step] But I am very impressed with the special kitty's clumping ability so I will mix the two from now on...it is virtually odorless but very fresh in terms of odor control [make sense??]

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pearce1974

Being cheap last week I bought the 28-pound bag of special kitty scoopable litter with crystals, carbon [reads just like fresh step] for under 7 bucks [but the next day, scared as heck after I mixed it with my normal multiple cat fresh step, I had my SO buy the good ol' fresh step] But I am very impressed with the special kitty's clumping ability so I will mix the two from now on...it is virtually odorless but very fresh in terms of odor control [make sense??]
i just bought a bag of that too! i'm also quite impressed. and the cats give it a
it's not dusty, and doesn't smell perfumey like regular special kitty scoop. it's also less dusty than the grocery store unscented scoop that we've been using.

do you find fresh step smells perfumey? i haven't tried it since they changed to the kind with carbon in it. we tried it several years ago and it was very floral smelling.

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I started with a new litter about two weeks ago. I used to use Tidy Cat Multiple Cats (though I only have one) and it was good. Now I switched to Tidy Cat "Small Spaces" which is supposed to help with odor even in small apartments (though I live in a house).

I LOVE it so far. It really cuts down on odor. It's clumping style litter and the clumps don't fall apart or crumble badly like with some. It's so easy to scoop and keep clean I think it's going to last a bit longer too.

pearce1974

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it's back to fresh step for us, oddly enough and very uncharacteristic, a perfect, dark solid turd was found outside of 1 of 3 litterboxes which house my two babies. as weird as it sounds, while I was happy to see it [loose runny bowels are the norm with the kittens] and alerted me to leave well enough alone, and so far so good, it has a 'fresh' odor nothing sickening or anything. good bye; special kitty.