What brand of food do you feed your cats?

julebean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What brand of food do you feel your cat/kitten has done best on (not necessarily what you feed currently)? What differences have you noticed while they're on the food compared to others? I've also created this poll on The Cat Forum just in case there were different readers, etc. Thanks!

Also, to those who feed Innova, what differences have you noticed between Innova EVO and the original? Thanks!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Purina Pro Plan currently, and they are doing very very well on it. We will be switching to Purina One for a time, because of Fiancial issues right now, but its basicaly the same forumla just less protein.

Wet food is Fancy Feast and Friskies at the moment. not the best, but we are searching for what will be accepted by everyone int he higher bracket, thinking Nutro Pouches will be the way to go right now.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten eats Wellness wet and Nutro dry, adult male won't touch anything but Science Diet dry, but I've been able to mix a little Innova Evo for the extra protein.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed the Nutro Natural Indoor Formula dry-- 1/4 cup per kitty morning and evening

Plus, they get a 3 oz can of Whole Foods cat food at night--all organic, all meat--no corn and no garlic! They particularly like the crab and tuna flavor--big chunks of jumpo lump crab! I got jealous the first time I opened the can!

maratwc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Natural Balance right now. He was on Science Diet when I got him and I left him on that for a while, but swtiched to NB and I think he prefers it and seems like his coat is better too.

I'd like to try Chicken Soup but it seems kinda hard to find here.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now the jury's still out. They were on Iams Hairball when we brought them home, switched over to Nutro Natural Kitten and was having issues with stinky/soft poops (Mithril, mostly.) We've just switched to Royal Canin Kitten, so we'll see how it goes.

Cindy

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Authority Lamb & Rice. My Trent has sensitivity to chicken and corn, and honestly Authority was the only one I could find without either chicken or corn being in the top 3 ingredients (I think I looked at every brand that Petsmart carries, and asked the manager for help too). They both really like the food, less poops overall, less throwing up for Trent (the reason we made the switch), and they have very good energy levels and weight levels.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine get Nutro pouches for wet food, and Royal Canin dry. It took a lot of trial and error to find the combination that they both liked and did well on. I was tired of throwing away leftover wet food because they wouldn't finish it, and I wanted them to eat all of the wet food, and then just supplement with the dry, because they both need me to watch their weight.

I gave Sam Iams when I first got him, and it was very very sad, he hated it and quit eating. And being a new cat owner, I had no idea that a cat would actually quit eating like that. Fortunately I caught on in time, and tempted him with a tin if Fancy Feast. He hasn't looked back since, but I still want to make sure I give them food they love, so they will both eat well.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Authority Lamb & Rice. My Trent has sensitivity to chicken and corn, and honestly Authority was the only one I could find without either chicken or corn being in the top 3 ingredients (I think I looked at every brand that Petsmart carries, and asked the manager for help too). They both really like the food, less poops overall, less throwing up for Trent (the reason we made the switch), and they have very good energy levels and weight levels.
Thank you I knew someone made a lamb and rice for cats but couldnt remember

I feed Natural choice adult dry to one with premium edge kitten mixed in soon to mix with natural choice in door kitten.. I use many canned brands and some home cooked for the other girl

trisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feed Sierra Wellness. I feed my Shih Tzu Canidea but they dont sell the Cat
food from that brand here.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed Reilly Iams, he has a crystal problem and it is the only food on the approved list that he will eat!

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nutro Natural.

All of my babies love it. They also feel more full on it then they did with Iams or Science Diet. I just hate that I have to wait forever to get the food from Petsmart.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The grown ups eat Wellness Dry mostly because I like the ingredients and they seem to like it the best. I buy smaller bags of the Organix and Chicken Soup to give them some variety. Their dry food is free fed during the day and supplemented with a small amount of wet food in the evenings.

The baby has tried Wellness Kitten, Chicken Soup Kitten and Royal Canin Baby Cat in the dry, he likes the Baby Cat best right now, but is also eating the dry Wellness Adult Formula, (not sure why he likes the adult but not the kitten Wellness?). He gets wet food fed in small servings four times a day also.

They get a variety of wet foods, Wellness, Pinacle, Newman's Own, Innova Evo, and Chicken Soup, Triumph, & Nutro Natural.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

julebean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for participating! Very helpful. Btw, Miss Mew, Reily's eyes are gorgeous.. really exotic looking.
Thanks again!

satu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vilma and Valtteri now eat mostly Royal Canin light. For some reason they really like it and hate other light foods.