What behavior by other drivers?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailgaters and I know it's not a behavior, but I hate most pickup truck drivers. I created a scale of how much I hate different types of pickup truck drivers and I'll see if I can remember what I had, but it was mainly this:
1. A regular pick-up truck when you don't need it for your job.
2. A giant pick-up truck
3. A regular pick-up truck with giant wheels
4. A giant pick-up truck with giant wheels
5. Any pick-up truck with an American flag hanging from the back
6. Any pick-up truck with two American flags hanging from the back

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
People that don't use their turning signals, stay behind you the whole time with bright lights ,people that cut you off and people that cut in front of you !!!!!

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
People that speed really get on my nerves. You're driving the limit and all of a sudden someone speeds past you, overtaking you without any reason. It doesn't help that I mostly drive on very rural roads. There are a lot of kids that cycle to school here and it's incredibly dangerous to have those people recklessly race past them.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate most drivers. Where we live, one of the outskirts towns of my city, we are actually known as bad drivers. And what's worse is now that the city has gotten bigger we have more infrastructure that you would find in big cities, but people just can't seem to catch on, on how to drive these "new" road ways...things like roundabouts, and merging lanes.....yes seriously....people can't grasp what a merging line is....It's sad. There are far too many things that make me mad to list them all.
Speeding is a big thing around here...it's just so dangerous.
People who are too impatient to wait 5 seconds for you to drive by (with ZERO traffic behind you btw) and they pull out in front of you making you have to break. Some will gun the gas to speed up, but many won't and will then get perturbed at YOU for "tailgating" when it's just because they cut you off. Kinda hard not to tailgate when I almost ended up in your trunk 5 seconds earlier, and you're taking your sweet time to get up to the posted speed.
Someone who speeds past me to get in front of me, just to then have to make a turn.....why did you not get in behind me so I didn't have to stop for you!!!!
This one I've seen many accidents and I don't know why people continue to do this.
Say there is 3-4 lanes of (same direction) traffic. The right lanes are full of stopped cars, and the left lanes are mostly empty as they are the left turning lanes for the intersection. And we are all at a red light. Some people will try to weasel their way thru the stopped traffic to pull out of a side street or parking lot to make a left hand turn. The far right lanes LET THE PERSON OUT...But low a behold, the far left lanes can't see this car nosing it's way across traffic and BAM! Impatient Driver get's T-boned. WAIT YOUR TURN AND UNTIL TRAFFIC IS CLEAR!!!!!!! Or simply turn right with the traffic and get yourself to an intersection to turn around if the traffic is to heavy.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🚛
what you do is wash your windows :lol:all the spray flies right onto the persons windshield and puts spots all over their car
But not when it's a huge truck - articulated truck (?) or a juggernaut (British English) - you may just help clean his headlights! 🚗🚛!!!!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🚛
But not when it's a huge truck - articulated truck (?) or a juggernaut (British English) - you may just help clean his headlights! 🚗🚛!!!!
thats when you slowly pull to a dead stop grab your weapon of choice(gun,tire iron ,knife etc. or just good old hands on up close and personal) and step out your car walk towards the driver ready and committed to do violence upon said driver accepting you might go to jail by this choice or be the one getting knocked out :lol:

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My town has a lot of 3 or 5 lane roads, where there is a middle lane designated specifically for turning left. So if you want to turn left, you signal and pull into that middle lane and wait to turn. Almost no one seems to understand that, though, so they just come to a complete stop in front of the moving traffic and make everyone stop so they can turn, or they just halfway pull into that lane and still stop traffic while they wait to turn. It drives me insane.

Also, like many said, tailgating. I have a kennel in the back of my car that my dog rides in, and if someone were to hit me I would come out fists flying. His kennel is crash safe and I have it pulled forward out of the crumple zone but still - not something I take lightly.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats when you slowly pull to a dead stop grab your weapon of choice(gun,tire iron ,knife etc. or just good old hands on up close and personal) and step out your car walk towards the driver ready and committed to do violence upon said driver accepting you might go to jail by this choice or be the one getting knocked out :lol:
The driver probably wouldn't even notice my little VW Polo coming to a halt - so would probably just hit my car and push me along until .....:dunno:??

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Tailgators for sure! I 'brake test' quite often if they're that close behind me. It would be their fault if they hit me from behind.

Those that switches lanes to try to get ahead. There's traffic dude, switching lanes isn't going to go any faster!

And what I hate most of all, motorcycles in traffic. 90% of those drive between cars speeding away, and I don't always notice them until they zoom by. "Watch for motorcycles" they say- well, have them obey the laws and I'll watch for them.