What behavior by other drivers?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't drive, but I hate it when the person in front of you is driving ridiculously slow, especially when you have an appointment.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the idiots that make lane changes without looking along with paying no attention to the horn your honking at em either :lol:and then wanna act so surprised when i pull up next to them cussing at em yelling at them to pull over so i can put my fist through their window and drag em out of their car to beat them :rolleyes:i dont react well to the unexpected or surprises like that triggers my fight response:lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sitting right on your rear.. I'm tempted to get the sticker 'The closer you get, the slower I drive'.
That's a fantastic slogan for a sticker! :thumbsup:

I definitely dislike other drivers on my rear but try to ignore them. It's when they blow the horn because they want me to go faster or turn even when I don't feel it's safe due to oncoming traffic that irks me. But probably one of the habits that irritates me most is drivers who text while driving. :nono:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely get upset at other drivers, but the one thing that I know has really ticked me off in the past is pretty specific and has happened four times at the exact same location. It is also a bit difficult to explain, but I will try.

There is a little side street off of a slightly larger side street just off the highway that leads to a McDonald's and an Arby's in the next town over. (Because we have so few stores in our village and a small grocery store and because everything is closed by 9, I am on that highway often.) On the little side street, as you can guess, you can only turn left or right. Four times I have been at the stop sign in the left lane turning towards the highway when the car in the right lane, which is the back way to the country road that leads to the town with the stores, has hit their gas, cut in front of me while I was in motion, and turned left. The times that they were turning left to go east were not as bad because they had to make a wider turn, but when they are getting in the turning lane to go west, I nearly hit them. Those have been the only time I have used my horn out of annoyance.

My daughter is an angry driver. I have had to warn her not to be because of how many people are chased, assaulted, or killed in road rage incidents. If she cusses at the wrong person, she is going to regret it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Lane drifters really scare me. You don’t know if they are drunk or just preoccupied. I wont pass them because I am afraid that will be the moment they decide to head into my lane so I have to slow down so I can stay way way behind them.

And since this is Minnesota, the cowboys who drive their big trucks way way too fast for the road condition. Four wheel drive doesn’t prevent spin outs or accidents.

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailgaiting! Nothing gets on my nerves more than people crowding up on my bumper, I guess for the purpose of getting me to drive faster.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The morons that drive while drunk or high. Also morons who use their phone while driving. They all just need to spontaneously combust.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailgating and people who speed.

Can't stand tailgaters for obvious reasons, and can't stand people who speed. For one thing, you look silly because it seems every time someone passes me at high speed we end up the at same place at the exact same time anyway 🤷‍♀️ whether at the lights or train stop. Plus it is dangerous overall.

Additionally, as I live rurally I get a lot of speeders on the county roads. I'm tired of drivers crashing into my fences (6 times in total over the past few years) one time a truck that was going way too fast crashed into the cemetery on my property and destroyed the tombstones. One of them was the grave of a ten year old child. They are the ancestors of the previous owners from the 19th to early 20th century. And what did the pickup truck do? He just backed out and sped off. Thank goodness the local township came over and fixed everything.

Or especially risking the lives of animals, both farm, pet and wild. Public service announcement: Country roads are not highways people! And shouldn't be speeding anywhere at anytime anyway. You are not a great driver even if you think you are.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, any kind of obnoxious or dangerous behavior is bad.

But my pet peeve is usually caused by people being too polite/cautious: when you're trying to turn left but there's a steady stream of right-turning traffic, so you time it so you can zip in between right-turning cars, but the next guy sees you coming and stops or hesitates. I had it timed just right and that guy messed it up! But I'm sure I've been "that guy" a few times too; you just never know what the other person has planned.

Last edited:

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Of course, any kind of obnoxious or dangerous behavior is bad.

But my pet peeve is usually cause by people being too polite/cautious: when you're trying to turn left but there's a steady stream of right-turning traffic, so you time it so you can zip in between right-turning cars, but the next guy sees you coming and stops or hesitates. I had it timed just right and that guy messed it up! But I'm sure I've been "that guy" a few times too; you just never know what the other person has planned.
Yes, the too "polite" or overly cautious people that wave you on (when that other driver has the right of way) really annoys me. I refuse to accept it (I have even changed to turn right vs left, even though I now have to circle around to go the correct way). As I told my children when they were learning to drive, one of the primary reasons for the rules of the road is so that everyone knows what to expect.

If it's a two way stop with cross-traffic not stopping, and you are facing me on the other road that stops intending to turn right or go straight when I need to turn left, if I were to accept that "go ahead and turn" signal (assuming that it is safe for me to do so with respect to the cross traffic), if that "oh so polite" driver then starts moving and hits me, I will automatically be in the wrong/the at-fault driver. I know that if I don't have a protected left turn, I may have to wait quite a while for a safe opportunity if the traffic is heavy, and I've calculated that wait into my departure time.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Drivers who never use their turn signals, or decide to use them when they are in the middle of a turn..

Drivers who 'just decide' to be in your lane--cutting you off!

Texting while driving.

Tailgating. I purposely drive slower. Hit me,; its your fault!!

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
People who don’t yield, people who cannot merge properly, people who change lanes and do not look - DH and I almost got clipped by a truck the other day, people who back up and do not look - I almost got hit by a car pulling out of their driveway last week, tailgaters - seriously, just pass me. Lastly, texting and driving. I know someone who was killed for this reason.
I am pretty easy going, but certain behaviours of some drivers really irk me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One more and this one just makes me insane. The big truck people again who pull way out at a corner or stop sign so us small car drivers can’t see over them to tell If there is oncoming traffic before we make a turn. Rude and dangerous.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailgaters are my pet peeve. What if a child or an animal ran out in front of me and I had to slam on my brakes? How could they keep from running into my rear? I always slow down and if they are behind me when I turn, I make the slowest left and right turns, almost coming to a stop.

In an odd catalog, I saw an anti-tailgater device. It was a remote controlled skunk odor sprayer. One touch of a button and the car tailgating you would be sprayed with skunk odor. Great idea, but I think my car would start to smell like skunk after a while. And I don't know what the legal ramifications would be.:dunno:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One more and this one just makes me insane. The big truck people again who pull way out at a corner or stop sign so us small car drivers can’t see over them to tell If there is oncoming traffic before we make a turn. Rude and dangerous.
That makes me so angry. People can be so ignorant.