What attracts you romanticly?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to feel the initial pull of physical attraction, but really good-looking guys actually put me off a little, I draw the conclusion that they're cocky. No matter how physically attractive a guy is though, if he doesn't have a nice personality I won't stay interested for long

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's more persoanlity than looks, but looks is still important to me. I have to be attracted physically to my lover, no if ands or buts.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I would have to say personality. I have pretty specific tastes, and tend to be more attract to quiet, confident people who are on the reserved side.

But hey a nice butt or blue eyes will turn my head on occasion.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Truth be told, when I met my dh I wasn't attracted to him at all. But, after spending time with him, I was completely smitten with his amazing sense of humor.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks fade, personality usually stays the same. BUT you have to be physically atttracted to the person from the start.

Why settle for just the personality and not want the physical too? I don't believe in the theory of "growing to love someone" and hoping you will. IMO you have to love them inside and out

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Initially it's the guy's height. I absolutely love tall men. Next it's their hair and eye colour. For some reason I find that I prefer dark hair and dark eyes.

Now, if that person also has a beard or mustache, they don't get a second look from me. I find facial hair to be a complete turn off no matter what other qualities the person has that I might like.

Next is personality. I like humour but I don't like loud, obnoxious, class clowns who need to be the centre of attention.

I am also attracted to intelligent men. I have an IQ of 148 and I find that I seek out men who have an even higher IQ than I do because sometimes I enjoy deep conversations and I also like to continuously learn. My ex has an IQ of 175 and one thing I miss about that relationship is the conversations we used to have. Hours and hours, sometimes staying up all night and doing nothing but talking about everything and anything for 12 or more hours.

I also like it when a man remembers things that I have said. That means more to me than a bunch of flowers. And I like to know that I sometimes cross his mind when I'm not with him, so an occasional phone call to say "hello! I was thinking about you!" means so much.

I also like independence. I am not his mother and I don't expect to be treated like a slave/servent. I like it when a man can cook, clean and do laundry without expecting me to do it.

And I love it when a man can express his emotions and doesn't feel that he has to be the strong one all of the time. One quality that my ex had that I adored is his ability to be open and honest and competely candid about things, and the fact that he wasn't ashamed to shed a tear when it was warranted.

To me that all defines "romance" to me.
Wow....I could have written this! The only thing that I would have said differently is:

Even if all of the above requirements have been met (ie: the perfect man!) and he lit up a cigarette....I'd walk away and never look back! I absolutely can not tolerate smoking!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can be attracted to someone because of their looks, but when it came to dating, it had to be personality.

Like Natalie, it boils down to intelligence, wit, sensitivity, sharing responsibility, being equals in the relationship, and being thoughtful. I've also noticed over the years that the times I feel the most loved by Gary are the times that he - I don't know how to put this - but times that he makes sacrifices to help me or do something for me or with me.

But with Gary, it really was both physical and personality. I think he's completely gorgeous - and we definitely had a chemical connection as well as an emotional and spiritual connection. The first few months there was an physical electricity happening, and we could literally "feel" where the other person was even though in a different room. He used to pick me up from work, and I was on the 31st floor of a huge building - and I could always tell when he pulled up in the car outside. A few seconds later, the phone would ring. There was literally like an electrical buzzing sensitivity kind of thing, and just holding hands I could feel from the top of my head to the tips of my toes, like I was a lightbulb or something.

Laurie

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My man won me completely with his wit and charm alone. He's funny and intelligent and relaxed, but can be serious when he really needs to be. He's very loving and most of the time he says the right thing at the right time. He's very supportive and encouraging - quite the positive energy to be around. We met online, so it was nice to find out that we could communicate before we saw one another. THEN I discovered that he was VERY good looking!
THEN I discovered he's rich as WELL!!! And I'm not even going to mention the last thing I discovered - under the cover of darkenss!!
I'm a lucky girl - I got the full package in this one!