What are your plans for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day???

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas Eve we are having a turkey dinner, my first try at making a turkey so here's hoping, and going to church at 530. Christmas Day it's peasants, at our place and dinner and gifts at my in-laws.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is Christmas Eve. Hubby took the day off but our daughter is working at Barnes and Noble until 6. When she gets home, we will call my family who always celebrate on Christmas Eve. I miss being with them so much. Jen and hubby will each have a box of tissues for me when I call. (I grew up Catholic)
We then are going to watch the station here that just a yule log and plays holiday songs. Pretty cool. We will light our pink mylar tree and look at our ornament holder tree.
Tomorrow, since all 4 or us are Jewish, we will do the Jewish thing which is to go to the movies and to eat Chinese! Walgreens is open tomorrow and we are going shopping there even though I have no idea what we need to buy there. Well, we can always buy candy and toilet paper!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas eve the kids open one present, they hang their stockings, we put them to bed hoping they will drift oof to sleep, around 12 am we get to work, in the morning we will wake up to kids squealing, dogs barking the cat will meow, kids will bust through our bedroom door, and the fun begins, as the kids open stocking Dh will make coffee, (so i can open my eyes) then we open presents have breakfast, play games, toys , around 11 I will get the turkey in the oven, Dh usually takes the kids sliding, so I can prepare everything for supper, around 6 we sit down to supper, say a prayer then we open the poppers, eat until we are unable to move. Dh and my older two usually clean up the dishes.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My parents just left. We had them over for a late lunch and to exchange gifts. Aaron and I will take a drive later to see some Christmas lights and we will watch a few movies. Tomorrow we will had to my brother's for Christmas dinner. We may go to his brother's in the morning.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I mentioned before that DH and I drive around to look at the lights after church. Well, I decided to "Martha-ize" it a bit!

I found a nice snowflake-patterned basket I forgot I had. I put small paper Christmas napkins in it, and some nice chocolates, and crackers. I'll fill out thermoses with cocoa and coffee, bring my faux mink lap-robe, and some of those "shake-it" handwarmers (DH has his heated car seat cushion!). Then, we'll ride in style!
Ok, it's in a battered, old Jeep Wrangler, but I can pretend, can't I????