What Are Your Phobias, And Why?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vinceneilsgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilysMom

I am scared to death of needles and shots. I had to get bloodwork done on Friday and I was a HUGE baby! I avoid it at all costs.
Sweetie, I feel your pain! *VNG hugs fellow needle phobic LilysMom*

And for whoever said they are afraid of sharks. I've been in the water with sharks. I have never worried about being attacked. Then again, when it comes to animals I have no fears.

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bees of any kind, particularly wasps, yellow jackets and hornets. Yuck!!!!! I'm getting the chills just thinking about them.

Flying, especially in big planes.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot sleep with a mirror in my bedroom at night...there is something about a mirror in the dark that scares me, I don't know why. It sounds really stupid lol.

jcat and mom of franz - when I got to the US, I opened one of those pillsbury things with a can opener. Boy, that was a mistake.
And then when my sister visited, she did the same thing too
I guess it is the ends that makes you think that you should be using a can opener!

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I cannot sleep with a mirror in my bedroom at night...there is something about a mirror in the dark that scares me, I don't know why. It sounds really stupid lol.

jcat and mom of franz - when I got to the US, I opened one of those pillsbury things with a can opener. Boy, that was a mistake.
And then when my sister visited, she did the same thing too
I guess it is the ends that makes you think that you should be using a can opener!

LOL Kiwideus...I would have had a stroke! I've pretty much sworn off Pillsbury Rolls, because of the trauma. However, very occasionally, I have to have their Grand Corn Bisquits. If only I could get Franz to open it for me...
Oh well saves a lot of empty calories.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I afraid of bees and wasps and actually large dogs. I don't know why I'm afraid of the bees and wasps other than the fact that I was stung by one once but the dog fear comes from my cousin's Dalmation trying to bite me in the face one time. I won't even approach a large dog anymore.

But my true phobia is of metal grate stairs or even grates that they use over the drainage. I'm not sure where I got this phobia from but I won't even drive over them. One of my friends has that type of stairs in their basement and I refuse to go down them. They either have to come up to me or I have been carried up and down them before while squeazing my eyes shut.

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too fond off dogs, if they're well behaved I'm okay but any jumping up on me and I freak. Also heights (not even step ladders) and lastly fire, bonfires etc.