What are your impulse buys?

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm one of those people who don't spend a lot on myself even if it's something I need lol.

However, I buy manga (Japanese comic books) left and right. Once I get into a new manga I get 3 or 4 at a time and this is sometimes weekly and they are usually $10 or a little more.

I also love nail polish but I'm really picky and I might stare at them for 15 minutes before grabbing one.

Naruto cards, I have three binders of them so far.

Books in general, I love books! :)

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I go to Walmart I 'm looking for under garments for me.But then I end up in the young girls or older mens department to look for clothes for my grandkids.

I guess my grandkids come first. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have a few things! Candles, coffee, bath and body lotions, bubble bath, etc.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Wool... it has to be natural.  Merino and alpaca together.... or with silk... or cashmere. 

Non synthetic is always crazily expensive. 

I've had to get my wool lady to post out to me as I can't trust myself when I go to collect. 

I came away with two huge skeins of varigated colour merino/possum last time and I'm not going to tell you what they cost. 

SABLE is an anagram jokingly used amongst knitters. It stands for Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy

I've only been knitting for 9 months and I think I may have already SABLEd out.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Groceries.  I don't enjoy shopping in general and have learned through the years to put a curb on my spending habits but I LOVE to cook. I'm a real sucker for artisan breads, heirloom veggies, imported pastas and cheeses, cuts of meat or seafood I can't find elsewhere.  I love going without a list and just buying what looks wonderful that day.  Before I know it my cart is filled with impulse items. At least I use them all!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

SABLE is an anagram jokingly used amongst knitters. It stands for Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy

I was a knitter for years and I can safely say I was a victim!  Baskets full of lovely coloured soft stuff.   Until my apartment got clothes moths. 
  It all went, along with my hoard fo lovely fabrics, most of my lovely cashemere jumpers and a few silk scarves I loved...    You should have seen me carry the piles of 'stuff' out to the outside binn - I couldn't hold it far enough away from me as I went down the stairs!

Haven't tried knitting since I got Mouse, don't think I'd get much done.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise

I was a knitter for years and I can safely say I was a victim!  Baskets full of lovely coloured soft stuff.   Until my apartment got clothes moths. 
  It all went, along with my hoard fo lovely fabrics, most of my lovely cashemere jumpers and a few silk scarves I loved...    You should have seen me carry the piles of 'stuff' out to the outside binn - I couldn't hold it far enough away from me as I went down the stairs!

Haven't tried knitting since I got Mouse, don't think I'd get much done.
Oh no!! Don't tell me that  !

That's a terrible thing to tell a person with a SABLE issue! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Believe me, it is an instant cure!  I keep all unnecessary fabrics in my home to a minimum.  I did love my wool baskets though. 

There used to be a little independent wool shop within 100m of my apartment and that was really dangerous!!!   Sadly the young woman who ran it died suddenly a few years back and it closed.  Another local shop has started to stock nice yarns now but so far I'm managing to resist.  I used to love knitting things for my brother n SiL's babies, and my friends' babies so I'm hoping I can control the SABLE until grand nieces / nephews start to arrive. 
  By then Mouse might be a bit calmer and the clothes moths might have move out due to starvation  (unlikely as they've moved on to my lovely rugs). 

There are things worse than knitting SABLE, it could be precious stones or flash cars!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL

I'd love to learn how to seriously knit.  All i can do it knit very long scarves because I don't know how to cast off when done.

My Aunt (RIP) was a knitter. She was always knitting socks.  She didn't use round needles, she used multiple ones and never looked at what she was doing. She would talk and knit at rapid speed!

When I knit, I get blisters and the stitches are so tight I can hardly get a needle under a stitch.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mum used to clacker away with the knitting needles also not looking. Besides knitting for us she alsi knitted dolls clothes for me.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
My mum used to clacker away with the knitting needles also not looking. Besides knitting for us she alsi knitted dolls clothes for me.
Mine too!  No idea how she did those tiny dolls things. They would be so fiddly.

Aparently my gran even took her knitting to the cinema!  Can you imagine how annoying it would be sitting next to her!!!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise

Mine too!  No idea how she did those tiny dolls things. They would be so fiddly.

Aparently my gran even took her knitting to the cinema!  Can you imagine how annoying it would be sitting next to her!!!
That's why they invented bamboo and wooden needles... No clatter..

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My weakness is office supplies- I love pens and pretty little notebooks and those blank, fabric covered diaries. I have about 10 and was too afraid to write in them and mess up their perfection, lol! Then I realized that was silly and have started using them to write down recipes I find in cookbooks from the library and from cooking shows (America's Test Kitchen is a fav). My favorite pens are the fine point Sharpies. They come in so many pretty colors... *contented sigh*

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
My weakness is office supplies- I love pens and pretty little notebooks and those blank, fabric covered diaries. I have about 10 and was too afraid to write in them and mess up their perfection, lol! Then I realized that was silly and have started using them to write down recipes I find in cookbooks from the library and from cooking shows (America's Test Kitchen is a fav). My favorite pens are the fine point Sharpies. They come in so many pretty colors... *contented sigh*
I can really relate to this, too!

Comes from being brought up in a Newsagency (we lived behind the shop) and I would help my mother order all the stationary stuff.

And really nice cards, too.  That'll be another one! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I can really relate to this, too!

Comes from being brought up in a Newsagency (we lived behind the shop) and I would help my mother order all the stationary stuff.

And really nice cards, too.  That'll be another one! 
I think maybe I just shop....  I can't resist either of these things..... 

I've got 2 small piles of lovely little note books, and 3 boxes of cards I've stashed away for the right person and the right moment (with the odd one thrown in just beacuse it was perfect for me).