What are your favorite reality tv shows?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm not really into reality shows, but I find myself watching two....The Little Couple and Sister Wives.

I also watch cooking shows like Master Chef and Hell's Kitchen and Barefoot Contessa. But I don't consider these to be reality TV.

IMHO all reality TV shows should be banned!  The shear number of them is ridiculous!
The husband on Sister Wives is so ugly I don't see how he was able to get 1 wife much less 7 wives. UGH! I also like 19 Kids and Counting. The Little Couple is OK. The kids are adorable.

I don't consider cooking shows to be reality shows. I watch the Food Network and the Food Channel a lot. I especially like Chopped.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I looked up the people on Sister Wives because I could never figure out how they managed to make a living before the reality show.   All of them have filed bankruptcy.  He filed with his first wife which is his only legal wife and the others have all filed.  They have a long history of being very irresponsible with finances.  If it wasn't for the reality show things would be much different for them.  Probably still be loading up and moving out of state.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I looked up the people on Sister Wives because I could never figure out how they managed to make a living before the reality show.   All of them have filed bankruptcy.  He filed with his first wife which is his only legal wife and the others have all filed.  They have a long history of being very irresponsible with finances.  If it wasn't for the reality show things would be much different for them.  Probably still be loading up and moving out of state.
I also searched them last year. I saw that!   Since 3 of the wives aren't married, they are considered single parents.  Yet all of them, including Robyn, the last wife who was left saddled with debt from her first marriage, and left with bad credit, all qualified for mortgages for custom homes with several hundred thousand dollars.

When the show first started, each adult was paid $75,000 per episode.   Now that it's been on for several years now, and has become popular, I'm sure their rate has increased.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

I also searched them last year. I saw that!   Since 3 of the wives aren't married, they are considered single parents.  Yet all of them, including Robyn, the last wife who was left saddled with debt from her first marriage, and left with bad credit, all qualified for mortgages for custom homes with several hundred thousand dollars.

When the show first started, each adult was paid $75,000 per episode.   Now that it's been on for several years now, and has become popular, I'm sure their rate has increased.

We should all be so lucky to make this kind of money. I can only wonder what kind of people are interested in their sordid little lives. They are laughing all the way to the bank and are probably spending it all instead of saving up for the day when the money stops rolling in.

I watched that show a few times and found it boring and I too wondered how they  could afford these big houses and multiple cars.. Well, now we know: live an immoral lifestyle and put it on TV, you'll get paid mucho bucks and encourage others to do the same thing.

Sure, legally these people are not all married and thus the law against bigamy, multiple bigamy at that, can't touch them. That is why those weirdos who call themselves the FLDS get away with what they are doing and draw welfare on top of it which they call "bleeding the beast".

I watched one episode where one of the wives asked the man how he would like it if she had several men and he said that would be gross. These women do not have enough guts or selfrespect to either do it themselves or to find what he is doing also gross. Yuck! I have not watched the show since then.

19 kids and counting is another show that is disgusting: there are too many people in the world and this couple is breeding like bunnies and using up resources. I don't see how they can afford this many children without help and  people who watch their show.

Same goes for the Little People, Little Women of LA, all the Housewives shows, Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo, etc: do people watch this to be outraged, entertained, feel sorry for the various misfits or want to look at odd-looking people (my apologies to the Little People, but why do they make a spectacle of themselves when they want to be treated like everyone else and not be stared at?) Reality my foot. It's all scripted with camera people following them around. No wonder so many people have been turned off from TV, even cable. Most of it is disgusting, hardly anything is educational or entertaining and only a very few shows are worth watching at all. Now I am prepared to hear a loud howl and to have my comment censored. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glencatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

We should all be so lucky to make this kind of money. I can only wonder what kind of people are interested in their sordid little lives. They are laughing all the way to the bank and are probably spending it all instead of saving up for the day when the money stops rolling in.

I watched that show a few times and found it boring and I too wondered how they  could afford these big houses and multiple cars.. Well, now we know: live an immoral lifestyle and put it on TV, you'll get paid mucho bucks and encourage others to do the same thing.

Sure, legally these people are not all married and thus the law against bigamy, multiple bigamy at that, can't touch them. That is why those weirdos who call themselves the FLDS get away with what they are doing and draw welfare on top of it which they call "bleeding the beast".

I watched one episode where one of the wives asked the man how he would like it if she had several men and he said that would be gross. These women do not have enough guts or selfrespect to either do it themselves or to find what he is doing also gross. Yuck! I have not watched the show since then.

19 kids and counting is another show that is disgusting: there are too many people in the world and this couple is breeding like bunnies and using up resources. I don't see how they can afford this many children without help and  people who watch their show.

Same goes for the Little People, Little Women of LA, all the Housewives shows, Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo, etc: do people watch this to be outraged, entertained, feel sorry for the various misfits or want to look at odd-looking people (my apologies to the Little People, but why do they make a spectacle of themselves when they want to be treated like everyone else and not be stared at?) Reality my foot. It's all scripted with camera people following them around. No wonder so many people have been turned off from TV, even cable. Most of it is disgusting, hardly anything is educational or entertaining and only a very few shows are worth watching at all. Now I am prepared to hear a loud howl and to have my comment censored. 
I've never seen those ones, and I don't think I'll waste the precious time from my life to see them. They sound like a real losers!