What are your cat's names, and how did you get the name?

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are Flash and Stinky.

Flash- She was very fast when I saw her outside. One minute she was in the backyard the next she was out of sight! That was when she was a stray.

Stinky- Well the vets that found him named him this and we thought it was "different" so we kept it. Stinky got his name because he lived in a dumpster as a kitten, literally IN the dumpster, until he was old enough to jump out on his own, I guess he was born in there? Plus he had a horrid stench but soon after 3 baths he smelt nice and clean. His name also fits because he LOVES to smell anything, I guess he likes to learn new scents. If he was a dog he would be a bloodhound I know it.

Tiger- My grandmas cat got her name because she has tiger stripes all over he body, and her belly is rust color, almost like an orange tint.

My neighbors 4 cats. (a cat lover of the block)

Mist- well she liked the name Misty but the cat turned out to be a boy.
Jinx- Named after the cat from "meet the parents."
Buglet- Likes to chase bugs and butterflys.
Morell (spelling?) (originally was named Pee-Wee but was changed once adopted)- Well I guess Morell is the female version of Morris, the cat is girl.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaz - because she is one
Shadow - because he never lets my fiance' out of his site
Vash - named after one of our favorite anime characters
Trouble -full of mischief from the day he opened his eyes
Ivory -came to us with the name
Cassi -came to us with the name Cassiopeia, too much of a mouth full, so just Cassi now

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley - well when we first got him, we thought he was a "she" OOPS! We had just gotten our first Harley Davidson and I thought that Harley would be a cute name for a kitten, and it stuck! I now realize that Trouble would have been a perfect fit for him too!

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emmet - he had that name when we rescued him, and he looks like an Emmet

Doofus - Well......ummm...hes a doofus

Mab - named after Queen Mab,queen of the fairies according to Shakespear

Poppy - We looked through a herbalism book until we found a name that suited her

feline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wittle - Because he was very little when he was a kitten

Bitty - Kind of goes along Wittle ( Wittle Bitty..
)

Retro - Siamese cats are black and white, and Retro Televisions only had two colors-black and white.

kobster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Puzzles - Because I was five when I named her, and to me, she looked like a jigsaw puzzle.

Mocha - Becuase I went downstairs in search of some chocolate, and came back with a kitty. (sidenote - Her daughter's name is Hazelnut, and one of her son's is named Java-in keeping with the coffee theme)

Tyler - His name was originally Amber but then I found out he was a boy so I named him for a friend of mine.

Kobie - Just liked the name for it's uniqueness. The boring answer is I liked the name Toby, my roomie liked the name Cody, we compramised.

Thurston - Named by the rescue group we got him from for Thurston Howell the Third from Gilligans island. An Apt name for this little tuxedo kitty.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol I love Doofus! Just his name makes me start giggling, and the stories are even better!

Chaynal is named after a character in Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince series. Birmans are named according to the year they're born in, and since this year is C, I decided to name him after one of my favorite characters who was a strong, brave warrior. His name was originally Cojac (because he was their biggest kitten ever) and they almost changed it to Cougar because he looks like one!

Billy the Kit (born the year before) came to me with his name, and after a year, it didn't seem right to change it on him.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nebula11

Emmet - he had that name when we rescued him, and he looks like an Emmet

Doofus - Well......ummm...hes a doofus

Mab - named after Queen Mab,queen of the fairies according to Shakespear

Poppy - We looked through a herbalism book until we found a name that suited her
Haha, Doofus, thats too cute! Sometimes I think that should be Harley's name!

blue_monday_88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Cassi -came to us with the name Cassiopeia, too much of a mouth full, so just Cassi now
My girl's name is Cassiopeia!! We call her Cassie also, mostly, but we call her "poopy cat" or "plump poopy cat" because she certainly is one LOL Cassiopeia was because we wanted to name her after a constellation and I thought that was the prettiest sounding one, and we could shorten her name.

Napoleon Dynamite was for two reasons -- 1.) we loved the movie. 2.) he bolts out of your hands like a stick of "dynamite." Corny, I know, but very apropos.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Harley - well when we first got him, we thought he was a "she" OOPS! We had just gotten our first Harley Davidson and I thought that Harley would be a cute name for a kitten, and it stuck! I now realize that Trouble would have been a perfect fit for him too!
you could name him Harley Trouble - then Trouble would be his middle name!
Mine are named after computer things - Pixel, Cable & Java.

fatkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gizmo had fluffy kitten fuzz when we got her, and a lot of little "hitch hikers" AKA fleas. We had to cut her hair to pull the fleas off, and gave her a bath. Hubby said she looked like a Gremlin, so I came up with Gizmo (80's move, for the kids out there who never saw it). She acts like a gremlin now.

Sasha, I just have always liked that name. So that's what I named her.

Amber

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

you could name him Harley Trouble - then Trouble would be his middle name!
Mine are named after computer things - Pixel, Cable & Java.
Good thinkin'!

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 5 yr old son named our kitten-- Peanut Butter Toast-- Taylor, my son has carried around a TY white cat that he called Peanut Butter Toast for several years. When he finally conned daddy into letting us have a kitten, i let taylor name him and so we have Peanut Butter Toast the kitten now.

photo cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 5 kittys are named for...

Church- He looks a lot like the cat Church in the movie "Pet Sematary by Stephen King"

Autumn- Because we found her in Autumn (Fall)

Oreo- Because he's black & white

Garfield- He's a red tabby Garfield!

Smoke- He has a smokey color

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by amitya

My 5 yr old son named our kitten-- Peanut Butter Toast-- Taylor, my son has carried around a TY white cat that he called Peanut Butter Toast for several years. When he finally conned daddy into letting us have a kitten, i let taylor name him and so we have Peanut Butter Toast the kitten now.
I think thats sooo cute!!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Siamese/Himalayan mix is Princess Alexis as befits her station

My Maine Coon mix is KittenKiya, a perfect gentleman

My Orange Marmalade is named Pete after a family tradition of always having an orange/white male cat named Pete

My Calico is ChanKahli, affectionately called "Diddo" after the love of life who passed away.

blue_monday_88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by amitya

My little cousin (he's six now) used to tell my aunt, "Mom, one day I'm gonna have a kitty, and his name is gonna be Sunshine...Sunshine Kitty Cat." And my aunt was like, "Whatever." Then one day, they went to an adoption day clinic thing, and there were two orange tabbies in one of the cages -- a brother and a sister. He picked up the boy and went, "Oh mom...this is Sunshine Kitty!" My aunt adopted both kitties right on the spot LOL

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leo- a few reasons:
1. It's short for Leonardo. He has a white 'paintbrush' on teh end of his tail and he's in an artistic family, so he's named after Leonardo DaVinci
2. His adoption fee was paid as a birthday present to me and my zodiac sign is Leo
3. Leo ended up fitting his regal, lion-like personality quite well!

Lola- The reason is quite simple. Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets!