What are your 3 most favourite things about your cat?

dancemuse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, this is a great idea for a thread. I love reading everyone's responses and seeing how many different cat personalities there are. So, on to my three:

Ziv
1. It seems silly, but he'll always hold a special place in my heart because he was the first. He was the one who made me realize how much I could love a cat (his sweet demeanor didn't hurt!).
2. His loud, broken-tractor purr that comes out so easily, especially when we first come home and he squirms on his back, begging for belly rubs.
3. How handsome he is. He's more of a medium-hair than a shorthair, and his fur is luxurious and soft and intensely colored--the snowiest white and the most brilliant reddish orange. His name actually means "bright" or "shine" in Hebrew.

Eva
1. She just loves to cuddle with me in bed, but even though she often lies on the bed when I'm not there, when I am in bed, she "asks permission" before jumping up. She'll sit at my bedside, eyes wide and ears pricked, wiggling her butt and waiting for me to pat the bed and say "c'mon!"
2. If I'm not quick enough with serving their food, she'll let out a couple of impatient, squeaky little meows--she sounds like she's still learning how to meow!
3. She's so petite and delicate, and thus it's a joy to watch her play. She's like a perpetual kitten.

Chesty
1. He loves to lie on top of me or the bf and knead while being petted. He gets so into it, but is never overstimulated. He even kneads in midair if he's lying on his back or side.
2. He's the most outgoing of the three, always ready and willing to play or be petted. He loves sitting on laps and even being carried around the house, slung over my shoulder.
3. His little trills as he walks around the house or jumps up to the bed or couch. Such a sweet sound!

rarepuss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1. how he extends his paw when i stroke him

2. how beautiful he is! just dreamy - all white, silky hair, gorgeous amber eyes... he's stunning

3. his personality - he's extremely laid back - practically nothing rattles him

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Katie
1) her calming presence and loyalty - she's been with me for almost 12 years, through many moves and changes, and has always been a sweet, loving girl
2) the way she comes running when I say "where's my baby?"
3) her beauty -she's solid black, sleek and shiny - just a joy to look at

Gracie
1) the way she sits in the window waiting for me to come home and greets me at the door
2) she gives me "kisses on request"
3) her quirky, rather demanding (but totally adorable) personality

Peter
1) his kittenlike antics make me laugh
2) his incredibly loud purr
3) the way he likes to snuggle under the covers at night

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snickers: The way he follows me EVERYWHERE. The way he nibbles my nose at 4am cuz he's hungry. The way he goes beserk after eating & bounces through the house.

Dusty: the way she likes to be held like a baby, arms around my neck. The way she growls at the other cats, cuz she only likes PEOPLE. The way she watches me while I'm outside working in the yard, and cries so loud the neighbors can hear!

Jessie: the noises she makes on her cat tree; the faces she makes when we brush her; the way she freaks out when I put peppermint oil on my feet.

K.C.: how she makes a nest in my hair every single night. The way she bolts into the room as soon as she sees it's bedtime. Her general tiny-ness & how she looks like a kitten even tho she's 12 yrs old.

Zorro: His bigness! He's like holding onto a purring King sized pillow. The way he stands up and hammers his big paws against the door when you have the bathroom door ajar, to open it. The way he corners Dusty cuz she hates him, and stares her down.

Hammie: The way he greets me; his morning routine of loving on the sinktop; his pitiful meowing after he's wolfed down his food & is locked in the bathroom, then watching him scour the empty plates afterwards of the other cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, you guys, this is such a cute thread! It just shows how much love, joy and happiness we get from our furbabies

Villy makes me sooo happy

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cindy - her large, round expressive eyes
she always observes EVERYTHING
she puts her paw on you when she wants something

Lucy - she'll find your lap and get comfortable
her slim and sleek form
runs into the laundry room, jumps to the faucet for water

Punky - she's my "American Idol" with her singing by the door every night
(what a pretty voice!)
all of the noises and sounds she makes
that tortietude and her tortie paint brushed fur

Mooie - those Cleopatra eyes
trills, chortles, and squeaks instead of meows
a majestic mystery (how did you become a stray?)

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My little girl Cody...

1) She's gorgeous...what mama couldn't love a face like hers?

2) She's my baby, my best friend - no one could ever take her place. She keeps me company when I'm alone and she's always there for me no matter what...when I'm happy, sad, sick, tired...she always brings a smile to my face.

3) Her pretty meows...what is life anyway...without the tender music of a meow?

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CJ:

How he tries to be so tough and ferocious
but then for example, I'll wake up to him sharing my pillow with me.

His endless curiosity and need to be where he thinks something/anything might be going on.

How he stands up on his hind legs, dances around and meows while we are getting his dinner ready.

I can't believe how much he has grown!! When we got him he was 12 oz.! Now he is almost 5 lbs!!