What are you

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly, I detest being touched because I hate static electricity and I don't like the risk of getting zapped. If static electricity were *not* a part of life, I think I'd be a touchy feely expressive huggy person. At least I know the reason, but it's still *sad*. I think I posted this before and felt odd about admitting it because it's so oddball/embarassing - yet true - and it's still embarassing now to say it again. I expect there will be no static in Heaven. Please, God. Whenever I don't get shocked by my cats (which thankfully is more than 99 percent of the time), I always quietly thank God in my head. Yes, it's that serious with me.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it someone I know well and like, they can hang on me like a cheap suit, but if I don't know or like someone, they will not invade my bubble. I especially hate people in the checkout line breathing down my neck, and have stepped on many feet to get them off of me. I would feel comfortable hugging the huggy people here.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

......I especially hate people in the checkout line breathing down my neck, and have stepped on many feet to get them off of me. .............
Hmmmmm.....I sort of like this idea. I think I'll try it....I've had people crowding me from behind in a line. "Oh. Sorry. Did I step on your feet?"

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a hugger or a toucher (unless you count the touching required to take blood pressure and such.) I don't like to shake hands and wish everybody would just do a fist bump, like Howie Mandel on Deal or No Deal.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like hugs from friends and family but not from people I don't know.. I am not always the one giving hugs unless it is my friends or family... I also don't like my personal space invaded.
By animals, sure but people no.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I'm not a hugger or a toucher (unless you count the touching required to take blood pressure and such.) I don't like to shake hands and wish everybody would just do a fist bump, like Howie Mandel on Deal or No Deal.
Deep down I like to shake hands but I usually hope "Oh goodness, please please PLEASE don't extend your hand." (as my insides tremble) because I don't want to get static-zapped. I should be a case study for this phobia. I think it's called electrophobia. It's quite extreme with me.
... When someone simply nods and smiles and says "It's nice to meet you" I feel an overwhelming sense of relief! But if static wasn't a scientific fact in this world, I would definitely shake hands especially in initial introductions. When someone extends their hand to me in greeting, I shake back but with fear and often I close my eyes tightly, which I'm sure looks bizarro to the other person.
... A fist bump might zap me too so I always prefer nods and smiles over any type of touch.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am deffinitely not touchy-feely! I don't even like being around most people for too long at once! As a teenager I spent a lot of time in my room (I have 4 step-siblings). Even younger my Mom knew it about me. If I had a friend sleep over for more than 1 night or they didn't go home till late the next day after sleeping over, well we would inevitabley get in an argument. That was one way I knew my DH was the guy for me. I could be around him for long periods without arguing. Like when he took me to meet his parents for a week and then we spent the next week meeting my family. I can still spend copious amounts of time with him and not get irritated like I would with someone else.

So I guess with him I am touchy-feely. I do like my space sometimes; but I need that physical connection with him. I also love lovin' on my daughter. But there are times with other people I have to remind myself that they might need a hug! LOL! That sounds awful doesn't it? One of my best friends is VERY physically affectionate. When she's been going through some things and needs a hug it's actually hard for me sometimes because what she needs is opposite of my nature.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Deep down I like to shake hands but I usually hope "Oh goodness, please please PLEASE don't extend your hand." (as my insides tremble) because I don't want to get static-zapped. I should be a case study for this phobia. I think it's called electrophobia. It's quite extreme with me.
... When someone simply nods and smiles and says "It's nice to meet you" I feel an overwhelming sense of relief! But if static wasn't a scientific fact in this world, I would definitely shake hands especially in initial introductions. When someone extends their hand to me in greeting, I shake back but with fear and often I close my eyes tightly, which I'm sure looks bizarro to the other person.
... A fist bump might zap me too so I always prefer nods and smiles over any type of touch.
Static shocks can really hurt! When I used to teach computers my hands would ache from getting shocked so much. I had to learn to carry a pencil around because it would prevent me from getting shocked so much pointing at peoples monitors. I can see how someone would develop a phobia of it!