What are you watching/streaming?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I am watching an HBO miniseries called Chernobyl on Max. I remember little bits and pieces of it so I think I had watched at least part of it before.
We watched that. I remember it was really interesting.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried to watch the anime for Ascendance of a Bookworm but the animation was so awful, especially compared to the beautiful art of the manga. Of all people my husband got me into the series, we avoided it for the longest because we both thought it was going to be fairly “cute girl does cute things” but it turned out to be way more dark :jester:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got started watching movies about country music stars. No I am not a country music fan but I grew up on a farm with country music. I think it is a comfort thing for me. I am watching one now about Patsy Cline with Jessica Lange in the starring role. She was so young when she was killed in a plane crash. She had a loud, oftentimes violent marriage. They both drank too much and she gave as good as she got.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Schitt's Creek on Hulu

Speaking of Hulu has anyone noticed that they made the same changes to account sharing that Netflix did? No more sharing your account with anyone not in your household. It went into effect in January for new subscribers and will in March for existing ones. :mad:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Law & Order of course - there's a marathon tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Got hooked on the British version of The Antiques Roadshow..... mindless...but very interesting.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow I got my 3 year old into Nailed It!

Mom of the year right here. Though we did watch Sesame Street this morning, so that's at least more appropriate.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Comcast/Xfinity is having a free STARZ preview this week. I started streaming the last season of Outlander. Got caught up in it yesterday and last night; about half way through the season.. It is more of the same: Jamie and Claire always getting in some kind of life or death situation, along with so many love scenes..

This is the only program on STARZ that I am interested in. I always catch up during the free weeks..

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Finished up Outlander.. Now watching the last season of Grantchester (PBS). I have it on my DVR.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I watched Oppenheimer yesterday, The movie was very good, with great acting. It was long but heard my interest. Oppenheimer, himself was a very 'challenging', difficult, troubled, complex person, filled with so many deep emotions. I am really glad it won Best Picture at the Oscars. Yes, it was that good.

I wish we had some background into his home life as a child. We never got any of it. The movie focused on his adult years.
I would recommend it to anyone interested.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Already did. That's what I was doing this past week while staying off line. It was good, but was a little darker than Buffy. Too bad it was cancelled so abruptly, it just ends right after a major cliff hanger. Supposedly, if you want closure, there is a continuation of the series in comic form.
Now I have to figure out what to watch next....My sister is watching Supernatural. Any thoughts?
I have not watched Supernatural, but it is my sister's favorite show. When she finished the series she goes back and watches it again. I did watch the first episode but didn't really connect with it.

I haven't re-read this entire thread, but have you watched Good Omens on Prime. If not, HIGHLY recommend it. Season 2 ends in a cliffhanger, but there is going to be a season 3.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're watching the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. The one from 1989.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finding Your Roots, that I recorded earlier. On the Iowa PBS channel.