What are you having for your Christmas day meal?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm having Chinese Food! Not that I wanted Chinese food today, but my brother, when he invited me to Christmas dinner, failed to tell me that he meant on "Boxing Day", the day after Christmas!!

I got up, opened my presents, had a shower, rushed around digging out the frozen meat he had stored in my deep freezer, wrapped his gifts and was about to make the salad that I was going to bring, when I noticed it was 2:45 pm: 15 minutes before he was due to pick me up and I wasn't near being ready; I still had to dress and put on my makeup!

I phoned him and was glad that he hadn't left to pick me up yet.

He then informs me that he meant tomorrow, not today!!

Brothers!

So I'm having Chinese food tonight. I actually found a place that was open. I didn't feel like having chicken because I had that yesterday at our potluck at work, and I didn't want pizza for Christmas dinner. So Chinese was the other option.
My absolute favorite part in the movie "A Christmas Story" is when they all go out to get Chinese food!
I hope you enjoyed your yummy food tonight and have a lovely time tomorrow with your brother!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone's Christmas dinners sounded pretty darn yummy. I am not Christian and my BF is not religious at all. So on Xmas Eve we went out for Chinese food and then yesterday evening (12/25) I made Rock Cornish Game Hens with an Asian flair -- orange ginger glaze, green salad, and wheat pilaf with toasted pecans and cranberries. For dessert - lemon tart.
The birds turned out just divine!!! Haven't had game hens in ages and one of the local stores had them on special!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

You lucky people. My youngest sister has Christmas day, and she always cooks weird things that I can't eat. I would love a nice turkey dinner! But no....it's always some weird kebab thing or something spicy. I'm making a big cake. So at least there will be something I can eat!
As predicted I had cookies and cake and chocolates. She has some kind of weird stews and salads. bletch!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had mush!
It's our traditional Christmas breakfast, and we're all just silly for it. It's an old Native American dish: nothing but cornmeal and a touch of salt, boiled in water until it's thickened. You can eat it just like that, but we usually chill it overnight in a loaf pan, slice it, dredge it in more cornmeal (or flour), and fry it on a griddle. You can put syrup on it, but I love it best just plain.

Yeah, I know we're kinda strange. But we love it!