"What are they?"

miloandotis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I purchased 2 beautiful kitties off a dodgy breeder who sold them to me as "ragdolls" - I've sines found out that she's microchipped them as "Himalayans" but their short furred!
They're very affectionate, playful and trusting if strangers. They clearly have the deal tip colouring.
The first thing anyone asks when they see them is "What are they!?"

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's hard to tell from your avatar picture. But I think they are snowshoes. :D Try googling snowshoe cats and see what you think

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, they do look more like SnowShoe than Ragdoll, and if their fur is short then this would not be characteristic of a Ragdoll or a Himalayan.  It is a great shame if you do not have any of the relevant breed papers for these cats to say what they are.The Snowshoe should have a single coat which will thicken in cold seasons, and if they do have undercoat it shouldn't be very noticeable, and they don't need much grooming either.  If their coat is like this it might be worth trying to find a reputable Snowshoe breeder to take a look at them as this is a very rare breed.  It wouls be great if you had more photos you could post of them so we could see in more detail what they look like - they look gorgeous.  Is their fur very soft?