What are these?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I'd guess either of the above, or pulls to attach to draw drapes. I vaguely recall seeing something like that attached to heavy curtains, but I don't remember where.
When I read further in the thread that they were made of wood, drape holders were my guess. Though that toilet chain pull looks good too!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where I live, if we see something we don't know what it is, it gets called a

thingamadodger.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like y'all's ideas better than what they said at the auction. In other words, the auctioneer/people who put on the auction didn't know either.
He said "Spring Ornaments" but I know there is a better explanation than that! Heavy curtain pulls makes a lot of sense to me, since they would be quite decorative and are heavy enough to not get lost in the fabric.

I actually tried to buy these just so we could figure it out.
The lot went for $40, though, so that was just too rich to try to figure something out. Earl and I think it was more because of the cast iron piggy bank than the pretty ornaments/pulls/thingamawhappers (I'm close to thingamadodgers
).

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with sk_pacer---pulls for a ceiling light or fan. I was actually more intereted in the clear glass doohickey in the box; reminded me of a witch ball.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Whatever they were, they were pretty.

And 'round here we also use "doohickey," though our version of "thingama..." is thingamabobber.
Still wondering what those thingymebobs are