What are these positive person and supportive friend awards?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been here for a very long time and I am noticing a lot of members have these. What are they for and how does someone get them?

Dewey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't been here very long too, but I think if you comment on people posts and say nice things. That how you get it.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
These awards are given annually. Nominations are solicited in December after the following information is posted in the Cat Lounge by one of the Mods:

Can you think of a member who has made exceptional contributions to the community? One that impressed you with his or her total commitment to helping others, offering knowledge, support or just lifting everyone's spirits? Now is the time to tell us about it!

We will be giving out award badges to members who have made noteworthy contributions in the following categories -

1. Suppurrtive Furriend - Nominate members who excel at providing others with an ear and a shoulder. Whether they helped you via threads or in PM's, if you felt like you made a friend here on TCS, nominate that person here.

supportivefriend23.jpg

2. Cat's Whiskers - Nominate members who impressed you with detailed knowledgeable posts that explain more about cat care issues to others.

catswhiskers23.jpg

3. Pawsitive Purrson - Nominate members who spread positive vibes all around them. Support in cat care threads, jokes and fun in social threads and welcoming messages in New Cats On The Block. They may not always have care advice to share but they try to be there and cheer others up.

pawsitivepurrson23.jpg