What are the signs of heat?

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay so Miss Kitty has been acting funny since about two days ago, she's becoming very vocal (which could be because she's a balinese), she's clingier than usual, and she's not been playing or venturing out of my room very much at all. Her appetite hasn't changed any, and she's going to the bathroom normally. Miss kitty is nearly 5 months old so I suppose it could be around that time, but I've never had a female cat of my own so I just don't know what to look for. I will mention that i started introducing wet food into her diet as of Saturday, but I don't really believe thats the issue because she still has her dry kitten chow. I'm just very concerned that she's in pain if she is in heat. I can hold her as always so I also don't think its stomach pain but she's laying around so much which is very unlike her.

If this is heat I cannot get her spayed within the next two weeks because I will be in and out of town, I have her spay appointment set up for three weeks away and I want to be here with her while she recovers from that surgery. She is a 100% indoor cat, along with being the only cat so I can absolutely prevent pregnancy (thank God). But how can i make this cycle comfortable for her so that she doesn't feel so bad? I can't stand the thoughts of her being in any kind of pain. 

(also, if this isn't heat, then what could be wrong?)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be the first signs of heat. If she starts crouching down with her booty in the air and "stepping" with her back paws you'll know for sure :D. She's just the right age so that's probably it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I'm sooooo looking forward to this. 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's not in any pain, just full of hormones. If she cries during the night and keeps you awake, there's a video on YouTube on how to relax her. I forgotten the name, but it's British, and what we call going into heat they call "calling." So you might look for a video about cat calling.