What Are The Other Organs Cats Need?

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a quick one here. What are all the other secreting organs aside from liver which must be 5% of the diet? I just ordered some pancreas because I've been giving my cat kidney for a while and wanted to be sure that that can take over till I get some spleen or something else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Other organs" include: kidney, spleen, pancreas, brain, thymus, testicles and ovaries. It is totally fine to only feed kidney as your 5% of "other organ" requirement. Especially if you're rotating the kind of kidney (beef, lamb, pork, bison, rabbit, etc). Of course, it would be better to rotate organs if you can.

I use mostly kidney (pork, rabbit & lamb) but I will get spleen whenever it is available when I place my order. Pancreas is probably a great addition in the rotation.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use a mixture of heart (it's not an organ but very nutritionally dense), liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen, and occasionally tripe. All ground, we mix this disgusting concoction together, portion and freeze so everyone is sure to get what they need when needed =)