What are the odds that they will pay?

dinahcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Several years ago, I bought a thing of seedless blackberry jelly. I opened it, and just under the surface, was a peice of a finger tip from a yellow plastic dishwashing glove. I called the company, who sent me a whole case of the stuff. I should have demanded money.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a £25 voucher from a big UK supermarket chain when I found a dead spider in a can of grapefruit. Not their fault, I know, but they were really nice about it.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being in the insurance business, not being able to confirm coverage is just standard cover your butt statement. It doesn't mean anything really. They pretty much know whether it would be covered or not. The probably need evidence and the professional opinion of a dentist is the closest they will get beings that you did not video tape the breaking of the tooth.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday one of my co-workers microwave oven caught on fire. One of her kids was microwaving a corn dog. They had seen flames not from inside the oven but the vents. They just bought in December so I'll have to see how that goes. I have a co-worker who is really gung ho on cases like yours. His finance was in a fender bender in December and the insurance adjuster accused him of collusion because he got 3 estimates and they were all higher that the company wanted to pay. Several phone calls later and research on the internet he received a fair settlement. Also in December he experienced a REALLY LONG layover and wrote to the president of Northwest airlines. They sent him a letter and a $150 travel voucher.
So be persistant I bet you'll come out ok.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi, hit me if you want, but here you have this problem and yet .. you vote for BUsh and company? I am sorry...this is what I don't understand. The other side was trying to look out for you and people like you who don't have health insurance (several of my friends...who yes have jobs but can't afford it).

See my frustration that after you vote for this guy (who by the way, is ALSO trying to cut back on business liability...)
and now complain you can't pay for dental costs!