What Are Some Unusual Foods You Like To Eat Together?

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Anybody dip their french fries into a chocolate shake? We used to do this with McDonalds when we were kids. (I don't eat much fast food anymore)

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
The only unusual food that I like to eat that I can think of is super hot chili peppers like Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Pepper), Trinidad Scorpion, 7 Pot, and Carolina Reaper. Most sane people can't tolerate these, but I love the burn.
My brother-in-law eats the super-hots on everything. He gets the powders and tinctures. He takes an ice cream sandwich, opens it, generously piles on Carolina Reaper powder, puts it back together, and enjoys it. Super-hot peppers go on his morning oatmeal and in his mashed potatoes. And of course, he eats the stuff straight. That boy ain't right!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to have this annoyingly obsessive way of keeping foods on my plate separate but at some point I decided it was better to combine them. So instead of meat here, potatoes there, vegetables there, it's meat piled on vegetables piled onto potatoes, etc. I love food and love experimenting with it and creating new (sometimes weird) plates.

Food is something of a profession and it's interesting to see what people like and what they don't like.
I'm glad my cats (and dogs) find food as interesting as I do and are happy to "help" clean up leftovers or a creation. =)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hamburg (cooked crumbled, not patties) in mashed potatoes on bread as a sandwich. I don't think it's odd?
I'd get into that!!!
I don't love bread as a rule but on a bun (especially one of those big, sturdy buns) this would be most excellent IMO.
Toss some gravy in there and you've got a really creative spin on roast beef!!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, weird as I am, I love a simple recipe inspired by the Greek culture: a huge slab of feta cheese (or crumbled, based on preference) with kalamata olives (OMG YUM!) doused with flaxseed or olive oil and a bit of pepper (and salt, based on preference).
Talk about heaven, ketogenic style.
(Some brands of Feta; Athenos and Presidential offer crumbled feta in flavored; Mediterranean or herbs, etc., so it's a good way to experiment.)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to like soy sauce with cottage cheese.
Cottage cheese with a bit of yogurt and flaxseed oil (stirred but not blended) is very good!
As a kid I used to attack the living crap out of deli cheese and mustard on bread. For some reason deli style cheese was the only thing that worked. (I love/loved co-jack.)

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband also eats catsup on his scrambled eggs. When we were first married he would put catsup on everything, including my roast beef. We had a chat about that and he's learned to eat it properly. He still loves catsup and puts it on eggs, sandwiches, and other things not made for catsup. He tells me that when he was a kid he thought that he liked catsup and he liked milk, so he combined the two. That was a bad idea.

He taught our granddaughter to love catsup, too. One day he asked her to fill in the blank on this saying: "_____ (Hunger) is the best sauce." She promptly replied, "Catsup!"

I knew someone who put sugar on his tomatoes and salt in his coffee. I never ate anything he cooked.
I like ketchup on roast beef. Kind of makes it like meatloaf but without the texture of meatloaf if that makes sense.:anticipation:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, weird as I am, I love a simple recipe inspired by the Greek culture: a huge slab of feta cheese (or crumbled, based on preference) with kalamata olives (OMG YUM!) doused with flaxseed or olive oil and a bit of pepper (and salt, based on preference).
Talk about heaven, ketogenic style.
(Some brands of Feta; Athenos and Presidential offer crumbled feta in flavored; Mediterranean or herbs, etc., so it's a good way to experiment.)
I could definitely get into some of that!! :yummy:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I like eggs. Not all eggs. I like soft boiled, hate hard boiled. Any fried egg is fine so long as the yolk is runny and intact. Scrambled eggs = no.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I like eggs. Not all eggs. I like soft boiled, hate hard boiled. Any fried egg is fine so long as the yolk is runny and intact. Scrambled eggs = no.
I'm with you. Soft boiled mashed up with butter, salt & pepper on toast. Hard boiled eggs are horrid and do not belong in anything. So gross. Fried eggs are good. Sunny side up or over easy. I also like mine soft poached. NO ketchup on them ever. Hot sauce only please

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with you. Soft boiled mashed up with butter, salt & pepper on toast. Hard boiled eggs are horrid and do not belong in anything. So gross. Fried eggs are good. Sunny side up or over easy. I also like mine soft poached. NO ketchup on them ever. Hot sauce only please
I'm on the fence with the ketchup thing. I've never really enjoyed it in the context of eggs but I tried it once, thinking how A1 can make a so-so steak taste great, but it hasn't really "done it" for me yet...
Over easy eggs with a ton of pepper with a bit of toast is really good! Fry that stuff in butter. REAL butter!
I tried to like hard boiled eggs They would be SO healthy and handy... we even packed some for a dog agility trial thinking it would work like dehydrated meals for astronauts (in the context of being away from home, it's delicious but served at the table it would taste like crap, etc.) but no go for me. Human friends and dogs loved 'em though!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, does anyone/has anyone juiced before? When we get a surplus of produce, into the juicer it goes.
Holy crap. Fresh juice is amazing.
I'm a foodie. Don't mind me....

:rockout: