What are some items that you're still....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
....having trouble finding in your grocery store?

With me, it's certain flavors of Friskies Buffet pate cat food. The stores are better than they used to be, but I still can't find some of what the girls like to eat. I have not found Friskies Indoor Delights dry cat food, either in small or large bags in well over a year. I switched the girls over to Friskies Tender and Crunchy dry and, fortunately, they do eat it. The Temptations Hairball treats are nowhere to be found. I can find them on Amazon, but the price is highway robbery: over $20 for three packs. Ridiculous.

Pasta can be hard to find around here sometimes and, when it's available, it's pretty pricey. I like Mueller's pasta; if I can't find that, then I go for San Giorgio. Haven't seen Mueller's in months and the San Giorgio really increased in price....when they have it. I switched over to the Giant brand of pasta and it's not bad.

Have you been able to find everything you need (or want) at your local stores?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm celiac and so many gluten free items are always put of stock still.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here it seems like frozen veggies are always in short supply. Other things seem to be an off and on thing. When I went this past Saturday I needed cat litter and there was very little on the shelves, it's the first time I have seen that. I have started going down the baby formula aisle since that was in the news, just out of curiosity my baby formula days are well behind me. That is still an issue. I think most pediatricians now have a supply so they can fill in for parents when needed.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast cereals and bread. At some stores, the cereal shelves are nearly empty, as are most of the bread and rolls shelves, except for the pricier whole grain or 'all natural' brands.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good quality fresh produce. The chain supermarket has produce but the quality stinks. Green furry lemons and dried out hard asparagus, anyone? :headshake: I either buy from the farmer's market or stop by the supermarket near work for produce. I used to buy produce from the independent market but that closed last fall because the owner retired :frown:

The lousy supermarket is ok for most of the other things I need. If they don't have what I want, I just go to the supermarket near work or Target.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's odd how the shortages vary between different parts of the U.S. There hasn't been issues with pasta, bread or cereals here since the hoarding during the height of the pandemic.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Good quality fresh produce. The chain supermarket has produce but the quality stinks. Green furry lemons and dried out hard asparagus, anyone? :headshake: I either buy from the farmer's market or stop by the supermarket near work for produce. I used to buy produce from the independent market but that closed last fall because the owner retired :frown:

The lousy supermarket is ok for most of the other things I need. If they don't have what I want, I just go to the supermarket near work or Target.
I think I know the supermarket chain you are describing. I do not shop there. I cannot think of the last time I did walk into that store. Too bad there is not a Market Basket near you.. much much better.

I am fortunate that I can always pick up good veggies, fruit at either MB or the tiny local Italian Deli--expensive but good.
Believe it or not, but Trader Joes always has blueberries!! Good ones at that!! expensive, but I eat them with my oatmeal.
~~
Around here, there seems not to be a shortage of pasta, none at all..

Finding cat food is in short supply, as well as litter... just in general.
When I was walking through PetCo, I saw so many brands changing over to paper box, packaging. I had read that Ukraine is the prime producer of cans. I guess that is true. The shortage is now hitting the market.

I expect human canned foods to be packed in the boxes now... We will see.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brand of cat food I feed is sometimes not in stock at the time I stop by to get some. This last trip I had to get the last bag they had, and it was just a small bag so won't last long with 3 cats. They also seem to not carry enough stock of the size of frozen rat I need. PITA to have to go back all the time. They say it's because they are one of the more popular foods/sizes....so why don't they order more??? And it can't just be because of shortage as pretty well all other brands seem to be well stocked.
I have been trying to get those little squeeze bottles of lemon juice the last few times I went out...you know the ones that are shaped like a lemon...They haven't had any for a few months now.
The cheap brands of chips were hard to get a little while ago, but it seems to be getting better.
For the most part, I'm able to find what I need...I just won't pay most of the prices things are now.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't noticed anything significantly harder to get. I love Diet Cherry 7up and I'm almost never able to find on the shelves, but that was an issue before shortages.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve noticed lower quality in some produce: smaller heads of lettuce, celery looks stripped, kale is skinny, and I haven’t seen the usual abundance of roma tomatoes. All at higher prices, too. I’ve always been pretty good about not getting so much that anything goes bad, but now I’m even cutting back on pantry items due to prices.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast beef pate - even Chewy has had periods where it isn’t in stock. Willow’s Nutro Turkey pate is also in short supply. Periodic shortages in Club Crackers, Dr Pepper Zero Sugar.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH has had more problems finding what he likes at the store than me. His favorite chunky peanut butter is gone and he refuses to eat my creamy p.b. :ohwell: His favorite potato chips and a few other products at TJ's are also out of stock at their warehouse. The only product I've had trouble finding are a specific brand of spices I like to use.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't really noticed a whole bunch that I can't find ...things are kind of hit or miss.I'm lucky in my town there's always WalMart,Aldis and the other grocery store...Woods.If I can't find what I'm looking for at Aldis,there's always the other 2,Woods being the priciest of all,although they do have some pretty good deals on occasion.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything seems reasonably well stocked (might be some things I don't buy and therefore don't notice), but prices have gone up considerably. Tidy cats is up like $4 a bucket, Purina ONE dry food about $5 or $6 more for the big bag, canned food up by a lot (Chewy prices vary). Dog food has also gone up.

I'm trying to eat lower-carb/cleaner so I can't tell you if human food prices are up or it's just that healthy foods are more expensive, lol.