What Are Some Good Wet Foods For A Kitten?

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello!
What are some good quality wet foods for a kitten? I want my girl to eat healthy but I don't know where to start. It'd be a big plus if it wasn't so expensive, as well.
Thanks for your help!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is your kitten?
For mine, I free feed kibble. Purina One Kitten. They also get 4 cans a day of Fancy Feast gravy lovers (not kitten). The canned is split between two.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
How old is your kitten?
For mine, I free feed kibble. Purina One Kitten. They also get 4 cans a day of Fancy Feast gravy lovers (not kitten). The canned is split between two.
My kitten is almost 9 weeks old.. I free feed kibble as well, and she gets 1 can a day of Olives Meaty Pate.. Are there any affordable alternatives that are better for my kitten?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally stay away from foods like 9 lives, meow mix, etc.. The one I found that I like is Fancy Feast. They also have a kitten pate. Purina Beyond is good, but I'm feeding two very hungry kittens, and the can is smaller.
You want to get a food that meat (poultry, etc.) is the number one ingredient and there are no fillers.

Is your kibble for kittens?

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
I personally stay away from foods like 9 lives, meow mix, etc.. The one I found that I like is Fancy Feast. They also have a kitten pate. Purina Beyond is good, but I'm feeding two very hungry kittens, and the can is smaller.
You want to get a food that meat (poultry, etc.) is the number one ingredient and there are no fillers.

Is your kibble for kittens?
The kibble is for kittens.. we just got a bag of Purina kitten chow, and before we were feeding her Everpet kitten kibble. I actually ordered a 24 case of this stuff and a 12 case of this.. I heard they were reputable brands and the fact that its specifically formulated for kittens should be a plus. What do you think about that?

Dinosnores

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The rescue I foster through recommends Royal Canin Babycat Instincitve (it's expensive, though) and Triumph turkey kitten food.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kibble is for kittens.. we just got a bag of Purina kitten chow, and before we were feeding her Everpet kitten kibble. I actually ordered a 24 case of this stuff and a 12 case of this.. I heard they were reputable brands and the fact that its specifically formulated for kittens should be a plus. What do you think about that?
Looks very good. You are doing right by your kitty.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks very good. You are doing right by your kitty.
That's good.. Do you think I should free feed her the kibble still? It seems like she's put on some weight since we got her. She's almost 9 weeks, I don't know when to switch her into scheduled feeding..

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every kitten is different and you will have to asses her to see what is best.
I free feed mine, but my one kitten apparently has a large breed in her. She's 4 1/2 months, weighs 6.4 lbs and is slim, bordering almost skinny. But, she just had another growth spurt.
Her sister is getting chunky, so I have to figure out how to do this.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
FYI Everpet is one of the cheapest brands. They have a lot of recalls. I would look for a better quality brand. DG are always throwing out bags of this pat food as its has bugs and goes bad.

Evie's Mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If there is a Petsmart near you, I say go with Authority chicken and liver pate for kittens.
No carrageenan or meat by products and a 6oz can is only $1.50 CAD.

Or go with Fancy Feast, just make sure to check ingredient labels. I only feed them the turkey and giblets pate.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
FYI Everpet is one of the cheapest brands. They have a lot of recalls. I would look for a better quality brand. DG are always throwing out bags of this pat food as its has bugs and goes bad.
TYSM-- we figured the kitten could finish what we originally bought her (Everpet kibble) but the second I saw this i threw it out the window.. This could also explain why our kitten is showing signs of worms. :( Will be going to the vet soon. (Calling the clinic tomorrow)

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast either classic or pate and abound sachet are what my cat goes crazy for. Plus they are so cheap.