What Are Jobs That Are Easy To Get?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have posted my issues with trying to switch jobs. But right now we really need my sister to find a job. She has a house under her name, and the ones paying the bills is me, and my nieces boyfriend. We're having money issues. My sister told me shes been trying the past few months. Shes been applying for offices, department stores, and grocery stores. Shes has a few interviews but no luck.

My sister has been unemployed for over two years. She was a case manager, and a director for a company that closed down. Our mother and her husband ended up diagnosed with cancer at the same time. Mom passed 2 years ago, and about a year ago my sisters husband passes.

There havent been any job openings in my office building. im not sure what else to do. Is there any type of job thats really easy to get? She cant even do uber because she does have a tag, license, and owes a lot of toll violations. :sigh: I try to send her jobs i see, but no luck so far. I tried to get her to apply for amazon, but she has back issues, she cant carry heavy objects.

Any advice for her would be appreciated.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a Job Service office (state Dept. of Labor) she can go to? They frequently know about jobs that aren't posted publicly, and should be able to help steer her toward something that matches her skills.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Pretty easy to be a pharmacy tech if she has no criminal record. No schooling required, you're trained on the job. Only real requirements are being able to multi-task, pay attention to details, and have nerves of steel for being yelled at all day. :)

I've been at it almost 3 years It's not my dream job, and it only pays slightly more than minimum wage, but it has its special moments and I'm fairly good at it and will probably stick with it until I get my dream job.

But yeah, easy to get. If she were in my area she'd be scooped up in a hot minute--We're having a huge tech shortage around here. Might be the same there--Have her go to pharmacies and ask. (go with her if you need to make sure she's trying) They'll have her apply online, but we do get very excited when anyone asks, and can better direct them to the online application process.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty easy to be a pharmacy tech if she has no criminal record. No schooling required, you're trained on the job. Only real requirements are being able to multi-task, pay attention to details, and have nerves of steel for being yelled at all day. :)
i just checked and there are a bunch of pharmacy tech jobs near us. i hope she applies, she might balk at the application stating she has to carry 30 lbs. :sigh: thank you!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a Job Service office (state Dept. of Labor) she can go to? They frequently know about jobs that aren't posted publicly, and should be able to help steer her toward something that matches her skills.

shes gone a few times to this place called career source. she has one interview because of them. but she hasnt been offered a job. :(

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
i just checked and there are a bunch of pharmacy tech jobs near us. i hope she applies, she might balk at the application stating she has to carry 30 lbs. :sigh: thank you!
I do some lifting (it's usually totes full of meds coming in the daily delivery, and the trash bags full of HIPAA stuff) but absolutely someone could help her and do lifting if she can't do it. It's not AS required as they might make it out to be. Just have her explain her situation.

Can she stand for hours on end? It's definitely not a sitting job.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do some lifting (it's usually totes full of meds coming in the daily delivery, and the trash bags full of HIPAA stuff) but absolutely someone could help her and do lifting if she can't do it. It's not AS required as they might make it out to be. Just have her explain her situation.

Can she stand for hours on end? It's definitely not a sitting job.
im not sure how she'll handle standing for hours on end. i'll talk to her about it. but at this point, i think its worth taking the risk. :nervous: i did a search and there are a bunch of pharmacy tech jobs near us.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would she be able to become a home health aide for the disabled and/or elderly? I know that the agencies underpay but sometimes the families will privately hire a worker or two that they like and just 1099 them.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The last time I had to job hunt, I applied for anything and everything. If I was qualified or even possibly qualified, I applied for it. If I knew the company or didn't even have a company name, I applied. If nothing else, the experience of the interview will help refine for future interviews. If she gets an offer and after looking more into it doesn't want it, there is no harm in saying no. But she might miss something by being too picky in applying.

One of the ones I applied for just was a little ad, "Admin Assistant needed. Send resume to (email)". I applied and ended up in a position that is amazing. Great little Mom and Pop company, decent benefits and raises. However, to this day, their help wanted ads suck and the description of the position doesn't always match with what it really is. The CEOs assistant is more a travel and event planner for the company. My position turned out to be a billing clerk not admin assistant.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would she be able to become a home health aide for the disabled and/or elderly? I know that the agencies underpay but sometimes the families will privately hire a worker or two that they like and just 1099 them.
i will ask her. but she was a care taker for her husband who died of cancer, im not sure she could handle caring for another person that might be going through the same situation.

The last time I had to job hunt, I applied for anything and everything. If I was qualified or even possibly qualified, I applied for it. If I knew the company or didn't even have a company name, I applied. If nothing else, the experience of the interview will help refine for future interviews. If she gets an offer and after looking more into it doesn't want it, there is no harm in saying no. But she might miss something by being too picky in applying.

One of the ones I applied for just was a little ad, "Admin Assistant needed. Send resume to (email)". I applied and ended up in a position that is amazing. Great little Mom and Pop company, decent benefits and raises. However, to this day, their help wanted ads suck and the description of the position doesn't always match with what it really is. The CEOs assistant is more a travel and event planner for the company. My position turned out to be a billing clerk not admin assistant.
i've talked to her, and she told me shes applying for everything. even companies that dont have the best reviews. i was just telling her to pick a day and go to every office, or location near us to ask for work. but she doesnt want to risk going out with an expired tag. All i can do at this point is send her any job offers i find online.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitchen help for places like schools, hospitals, etc are always hiring. Always. Also housekeeping, these jobs are not sitting jobs but if she is willing to work and do her best, I think they will try to work with her limitations. I know these jobs are not the best of the best but they pay the bills, and right now, that seems to be of top priority. Best of luck with her job search. Also sandwich shops are fairly easy work, just cashiering and making a little food.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitchen help for places like schools, hospitals, etc are always hiring. Always. Also housekeeping, these jobs are not sitting jobs but if she is willing to work and do her best, I think they will try to work with her limitations. I know these jobs are not the best of the best but they pay the bills, and right now, that seems to be of top priority. Best of luck with her job search. Also sandwich shops are fairly easy work, just cashiering and making a little food.
i try to give my sister suggestions, and sometimes she'll listen. shes told me shes applied everywhere. its just frustrating, because she does things that frustrate me, but i feel bad saying anything because this is not my house. im trying my best to help her and be kind, but i worry i will lose my patience and say some ugly things to her. im just tired. after her husband passed, she casually looked for work, but she told me she wanted to stay home with her daughter who had a difficult pregnancy. its been 3 months since the baby was born, and she hasnt found anything.

i just get frustrated sometimes, and dont have anyone to talk to.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Delivery Driver
- School Bus Driver
- Retail Sales, via Walmart, Dollar Stores, Best Buy etc
- Security Guard
- Customer Service Representative
- Taxi Driver
- Grocery Stores
- Fast Food

Bartender too; But I only list since you don't need formal training to become one, other then the boost of bartending school. Although I do find you have to be quite skilled and savvy of course, and deal with a lot.

Best of luck! Again, not standard glamorous in the mainstream view but all good honest work.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Delivery Driver
- School Bus Driver
- Retail Sales, via Walmart, Dollar Stores, Best Buy etc
- Security Guard
- Customer Service Representative
- Taxi Driver
- Grocery Stores
- Fast Food

Bartender too; But I only list since you don't need formal training to become one, other then the boost of bartending school. Although I do find you have to be quite skilled and savvy of course, and deal with a lot.

Best of luck! Again, not standard glamorous in the mainstream view but all good honest work.
thank you for the suggestions. i will talk to my sister about these. :heartshape:

i've been trying to email her jobs i find near us.