What animal do you think attacked Coby?

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi attached are 5 videos of Coby’s wounds. They all seem small but one caused swelling on his hip. He’s been to the vet and had 3 days of anti-inflammatory meds and is still on antibiotics. He is strictly indoor but does run out sometimes. He ran out a few days before his swelling and was gone for about 10mins. He hasn’t been wanting to go outside recently so I believe something happened outside. He does have housemates and one doesn’t like him but I’ve never seen or heard them fighting (she hates other cats lol). I’m curious if anyone might know what kind of animal did this to him? I live in NJ and I’ve seen foxes, possums, and other cats nearby.

Coby 2/5

Coby 3/5

Coby 5/5

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly it's hard for me to say what animal could have caused Coby's wound but I'm glad you brought him to the vet and started him on antibiotics. I'm sorry this happened and hope he feels better soon. :crossfingers: Please keep us updated.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's hard for me to tell from the video, how many wounds are there? It doesn't look like a bite mark from the video, but its hard to tell with the fur. Could it be a bot fly? That happened with one of my cats one time and I had no idea what that was so I was very alarmed when I saw what came out of the wound. Glad you got him to the vet and taken care of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly it's hard for me to say what animal could have caused Coby's wound but I'm glad you brought him to the vet and started him on antibiotics. I'm sorry this happened and hope he feels better soon. :crossfingers: Please keep us updated.
Yes I will thank you. The swelling has gone down and he’s almost back to his normal self.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's hard for me to tell from the video, how many wounds are there? It doesn't look like a bite mark from the video, but its hard to tell with the fur. Could it be a bot fly? That happened with one of my cats one time and I had no idea what that was so I was very alarmed when I saw what came out of the wound. Glad you got him to the vet and taken care of.
There’s 10+ and it’s on both sides of his body. They almost look like very tiny puncture wounds and some bigger-ish ones. I don’t think it’s a botfly, none of them felt hot or pus-like, they felt more scabby now.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Raccoons bite multiple times, but usually do much more damage. Same with a fox. It could be anything but most likely another cat. The location is odd. Unless they are claw punctures. Are his nails shredded?

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Raccoons bite multiple times, but usually do much more damage. Same with a fox. It could be anything but most likely another cat. The location is odd. Unless they are claw punctures. Are his nails shredded?
No his nails aren’t shredded. I wish he could tell us what happened