What about you coworkers bothers you?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

OMG Sarah, that just struck me as so funny! That is SOOO me! They'd pass me over too!!
Me too! No makeup, no fancy nails or hair...I'd probably just glare at all the superficial backstabbers so they would leave me alone anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling of being the one skipped over. Except here I am working in a warehouse office, correction, an old meat locker that was convereted into a warehouse office and our "receptionist" (she was put there cause she was too dumb to do the real work and doesn't do much as the "receptionist") and dresses to the 9s every day. Even wears high heels with a sweat suit. Ok the building has mold issues, and dust issues no matter what we do. Its not the setting to be dressed like that.

But anyways!!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't stand those coworkers who wear too much perfume! Ladies, go easy you don't have to bathe in it.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I despise everyone at work. Most of them have been working together for years, and treat everyone who hasnt been here for more than 5 years like dirt. They will talk to you all nice, and when you turn around they are complaining to the boos to get you fired or talking about you.

Theres a gy who tries to joke and be the nice guy to everyone and as soon as that person leaves he will start to talk bad about them.

Theres an old lady whos the self appointed 'office supervisor' and she clocks everyone to see what time everyone comes in. The other day she accused me of coming in 20 minutes late and signing in at 8 anyway. I told her 'Listen, you need to get your watch on the right time because I am not a liar and if I wrote down that I was here at 8 its because I was!' Then she immediatly went and told the boss, who ignored her and told her that if I put 8 thats what time I was here!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Remember the Isle of Misfit Toys from the Christmas specials...ummm..yup, that's where I work.
OMG, I didn't know you worked here???? Where's your office, I'm downstairs in the maintenance hangar, on the street side not the railroad track side.

We'll have to do lunch.....

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my annoyingly horrible coworker also has a habit of cracking his knuckles, which makes me INSANE.

I'm sure there are more things about him that bother me...LOL...

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have one guy that whines and wags his tail all day, and another one that hides under my desk. No not really wierd people I work at home and my dogs drive me nuts. I really only miss the people where I used to work, they all had their odd moments, but I miss each one.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand those coworkers who wear too much perfume! Ladies, go easy you don't have to bathe in it.
Oh, that is my pet peeve too, or the men with the bottle of cologne, or the people that think they have a right to spray Lysol during working hours.
All or these fragrances make me ill. The boss even sent email to tell people not to spray during working hours. You can't very well tell people not to wear perfume, but if I run the place I would, or a least don't wear it that it offends people. Ever get into an elevator with a few freshly doused women?
Gaaagggg!!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our office housekeeper only comes once a week. When I go into the kichen some days I feel like I have to go into "mom mode" and be like, "Okay people, the game with the trash can is not to see how far we can balance it up the wall before it topples over. If its full, take it out and tie it up." They're better about it now as I posted a big memo over the sink (I'm not a self-appointed nag, I'm office manager so its my job).

The main boss at our company has no patience for the most part. While I know he's a kind man underneath because I've worked with him so long, he has NO ABILITY to apologize for anything. He once reamed me / used me as a scapegoat in front of a client and never apologized. We didn't speak for days.

Then there's the guy who smells. He's also sweet, but geez, a shower won't kill you.

Let's not confuse him with smelly food guy, however. Every day at noon this man warms up his food and the entire office smells of hot cheap dog food. I don't know what he's eating, but it can't be healthy.

The other person that drove me nuts... today was her last day!
She was the messiest of the messy, asked silly/inappropriate questions, was almost vulgarly blunt, and was one of the worst procrastinators I've ever seen. Plus, she was guilty of one of my big pet peeves: If you screw up, don't make excuses or lie, just own up to it.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love my boss. We work in a tiny closet of an office together and get along so well together. We have the exact same sense of humour so when something stupid goes wrong we laugh about it all day. Plus I think he's absolutely brilliant and he's always willing to sit down with me and teach me something new so that I can advance in my job.

The other people I work with..... well I work in a manufacturing plant so the guys running the machinery are a colourful bunch. I appreciate that I'm pretty much the only woman in the plant (and a young-ish one at that!) and for the first months I was there none of the guys knew how to deal with me. It was hilarious because if ever I'd go out onto the plant floor carrying something, someone would be there in a second to offer to carry it, no matter how light the package was. Now the whole lack of respect/not wanting to take directions from me wasn't so funny, but at least we're pretty much over that phase now.

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have ones who lie to me to my face, and don't respect my sinority. This is usually the girls.

The guys love me, they always have questions for me just to make fun of me about procedures and policies, because I have worked there for so long I know EVERYThing and how it's supposed to be done by the book.

I can't stand the GM sometimes because she is such a gossip. She is just like a high school girl who says one thing to your face, and another thing behind your back. It's quite fascinating.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh boy - you ready?
WOW!! You poor thing!

The only problem I have with my coworker is actually the complete opposite of everyone elses. He's got the personality of a :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: stump!! I've been sitting next to him for 1 1/2 years and he doesn't say boo to me. He doesn't even acknowledge that I exist. I pass him in the hall way everyday and he looks down and won't even say hello. Like he's never seen me before. Let's doors close in my face, etc. It's like I'm not even there. I've had days where I just want to jump over to his side of the desk and just scream "BOO!!" and see what he does (just to make sure he's alive)

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work with a guy that is so loud. I mean if he's in the building at all you can hear him. I shared an office with him for 3 months and wore earplugs the entire time. it was nuts. He had been moved out of the common space because no one could concentrate.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

OMG, I didn't know you worked here???? Where's your office, I'm downstairs in the maintenance hangar, on the street side not the railroad track side.

We'll have to do lunch.....

Sure!

I'm in the janitorial closet on the 2nd floor, the one that you can find all the buckets with holes

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

WOW!! You poor thing!

The only problem I have with my coworker is actually the complete opposite of everyone elses. He's got the personality of a :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: stump!! I've been sitting next to him for 1 1/2 years and he doesn't say boo to me. He doesn't even acknowledge that I exist. I pass him in the hall way everyday and he looks down and won't even say hello. Like he's never seen me before. Let's doors close in my face, etc. It's like I'm not even there. I've had days where I just want to jump over to his side of the desk and just scream "BOO!!" and see what he does (just to make sure he's alive)
That sounds just like smelly food guy at my office. No one knows anything about him. He only talks to me when I directly approach him or he needs time off.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

That sounds just like smelly food guy at my office. No one knows anything about him. He only talks to me when I directly approach him or he needs time off.
Yeah - except mine is still married. How the hell did he meet anyone if he doesn't make eye contact with anyone, doesn't say boo to anyone, and basically hides all the time. Obviously she wears the pants in that relationship. I can guarantee you that much.

He doesn't even have a sense of humor. I cracked a joke once and he just looked at me like I had 2 heads.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Oh, that is my pet peeve too, or the men with the bottle of cologne, or the people that think they have a right to spray Lysol during working hours.
All or these fragrances make me ill. The boss even sent email to tell people not to spray during working hours. You can't very well tell people not to wear perfume, but if I run the place I would, or a least don't wear it that it offends people. Ever get into an elevator with a few freshly doused women?
Gaaagggg!!!
This also bothers me. I had to tell a worker of mine to not wear cologne when he came in. It gives me a headache. It was his first day so he didn't know.. He was happy to oblige.