What a wonder!!! Bathing my cats...

ambermay

I hold your heart close to my chest.
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need to say that I bath my cats about 3 to 4 times a year, not more really...

None of them were trained for bathing so, but I did as below from the time they were kittens.

All of my cats are of feral origin, and I kind-of was expecting a problem in bathing them when needed.

But not such a thing - meaning no problem ever came.  Sometimes I even go into a bath with them - not even a one tiny scratch from them to my body.

Normally I do bathing like that:

I run a bath of warm water in a bathroom deep to about half a cat's size (just short of covering top of their back), and have shampoo and very soft brush ready and two towels before I bring a cat in.  Then I close the bathroom door (but there is not even need for that - not one of my cats try to escape...).

Johnie - he sits in water and very gently meows looking up at my face, whilst I bath him, and when he looks, I just kiss his face, still bathing him.

Janie - a silent one.  She seems to enjoy the bathing, but still does lift her face to me when I naturally kiss her a lot.

Ambie - meows a lot (she is very vocal in any occasion), but she stands there still and the kissing part as per normal as for any others.

Midnight - she normally is a nightmare for any treatments, but bath - she seems to love it.  Meows just a bit, loves kisses too.

May - She is a darling, silent one too, she seems to enjoy a lot her bathing time with plenty of kisses and she kisses me back too.

But now - the one who is different...

Trudy - she came to us as a feral outcast, wanting to eat, and she stayed, but proved herself so amazing, as if she was born to be a true wonder for all of us.

She is as well a moggie as my other five, but looks much like Bengal (not so large though).  She is just a brown tabby DSH..

She wasn't a small kitten when adopted (4 to 5 months she was) and I wondered how would she take a bath.....

I was truly surprised to discover that when I'm bathing her the same way as others - she is not only enjoying this, but is also purring all the way during bathing, standing in water, and also stays in-front of the heater where I put them to dry out and lick themselves after taking most of water with couple of towels...

I know that cats can purr for different reasons, including fright, pain, and being upset, etc., but it does not seem to be the case with Trudy, considering her body-language.

With my experience with 6 cats of mine - I wonder how can any cat will not like bathing....

I heard a lot about cats hating bathing...

I'd love to hear your experiences with bathing your darlings kitties.

Please, could you share...

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I were to try bathing my ladies, they would rip the flesh off my arms and face.  I really loved reading about your cats loving bathing. 

newythecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that was declawed before we got him (we dont declaw our cats) and he is the worse one to bathe... Hes a NIGHTMARE he will jump a few feet in the air and meow, try and climb on top of the faucet, sometimes he tries to scratch me WITH HIS BACK CLAWS... Its terrible and i hate to do that to him but hes also an outdoor cat so sometimes he stinks and i have to