What a Week!!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It all started on Friday. I got home from work and in the mail was the decision from the ALJ. Unfavorable!!!!! That means the stupid judge denied DH's disability again. We are going to appeal.

Saturday and Sunday were not that bad. But Monday, DH started getting sick. He has had a cold for days. Well, during Monday night, he was having trouble breathing. He kept waking up to take a treatment. He has COPD. Today, I didn't want to leave him to go to work, but I had too. I talked to my boss about getting the day off since it was open. I applied and low and behold, it suddenly was closed. I was able to get 4 hours off to take DH to ER. We got in really fast since it was a slow day. He is home now, breathing easier. But with all the tests and treatment he had, I am going to have to pay a minimum of $750, which we do not have. I found out there was a $150 co-pay and $600 deductible! I don't have a deductible on office visits, but if I had tried to get him into his doctor, it would have taken longer than the 4 hours I was allotted to take him in.

I had already posted to get tomorrow off which showed open before I took DH to ER. Denied.... sigh

I am now taking massive doses of vitamin C as I am starting to sneeze and cough.

What a week...........................................sigh

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im sorry to hear about your DH's denial
..... and all around not-good-weekend.... sending vibes that things work out

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man what a bummer about the denial. I know you have worked in this claim for a long long time. Its a shame.
Do you get a reason for the denial??
I hope your husband gets over his current episode of illness and that you stay well.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a shock. When the vocations expert says the applicant is "not competitive" for xyz job (xyz job meaning whatever job the expert deemed "doable"), it usually means the decision will be favorable to the applicant. I don't understand- what were they thinking

My only guess is if the expert deemed 5 jobs "doable" and let's say 4 (out of 5) as "not competitive", that would leave 1 as "competitive" therefore triggering the denial? Just an example.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope things start getting better for you and your DH...Bad news always sucks and when it lapses into a bad week its even worse!! I really hope it gets better!