What? A moss lawn? Yep, with an extra!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That's a nice picture! I cannot wait until my rhododendrons bloom!! The first picture of your mossy lawn is beautiful, too. I am sooo jealous!

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful. I love moss. When I was little I used to find all the moss patches and stand on them in my bare feet, I loved the feel of it on my toes.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
-beautiful picture to have in your own yard. Those flowers look very healthy and I like the charcoal grey granular path. Nice.

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love my moss as well unfortunately the dogs just tear it up in the back yard so yep, I got grass to mow and lots of it. My rhodies are just now starting to bloom so I'll have to take photos as well.

You have a beautiful garden.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think i have to move to america to get a big house and to create a nice garden!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catherine

Wow! With a yard that relaxing, do you ever go inside?
Yes, when it rains. On the Washington coast that is about six months of the year!
I see the forecast does show one day without chance of rain or showers in the next five days, though. Things are looking up.

Originally Posted by dicknleah

I love my moss as well unfortunately the dogs just tear it up in the back yard so yep, I got grass to mow and lots of it. My rhodies are just now starting to bloom so I'll have to take photos as well.
Well, here the deer tear it up, as well as the raccoons looking for grubs. And the perpetual moles coming up through it don't add to the beauty any. I do have to patch it up often, and it never looks like I'd really like. But since I'm trying to create a somewhat natural setting in that area of the yard, I just have to focus on the fact that getting it torn up by animals is natural!