What a crazy mixup

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was up at 4 am as usual, watching tv and saw that Rush Limbaugh had been taken to the hospital with chest pains.

My daughter and I text back and forth all day and sometimes very early if she is up putting wood on the fire. So I sent this text to her "Rush in hospital had heart attack." Thought nothing more, I figured she was still sleeping since she did not text back. Went on with my day.

At 8:30 this am, my phone rang and it was her, extremely agitated. Well, actually screaming at me "what is WRONG with you?" huh?

It turns out she read the word "Rush" as a verb. So she thought it was either my husband or I had a heart attack and was no doubt laying on our death bed! She had checked her cell phone at 8:30 and saw the text. She tried to call my cell, but it had turned itself off. (I really need a new one). She jumped in the truck and went to the hospital she thought we would be in probably 12 miles from her house.

After looking for our car and not finding it, she thought OMG one of them has passed away and I am too late. Now, she is a bright young woman. A court reporter. Has two beautiful kids and a nice husband. I dont' want anyone to think she is some kind of nut! although.....

She called her brother and asked if anyone had a heart attack. He thought she was off her rocker. He said he had just talked to me and I was cleaning my truck off to go pick up a few things. Then she called me....... and all you know what broke loose.

I laughed so hard I sobbed. Thank God she did not have an accident due to an innocent little text sent at 4 am. I hope they read this at my real funeral. I am sure it will lighten the mood! She is getting better, and I may actually go to her house tomorrow for dinner...but I wouldn't walk down a dark alley in front of her right now.....

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops!

That's the thing about texts, and emails, and forums, etc.... so convenient and quick but can be so very easily misinterpreted...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh your poor daughter!!!!!!!!!!!! That said....
I hope she finally was laughing too.
Wow - can you imagine if she lived far enough away she had to take a plane.... what might have happened?

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that is hysterical altho not for your daughter. Poor girl could've had a heart attack herself when she couldn't locate you. Glad all is well now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She says she has a 3 hour credit in the case of a real heart attack!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no the poor thing!
I can see how that would freak her out, but I would be struggling to not laugh too!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's a good lesson to learn. although for me, to 2nd guess or 3rd guess every text i send to ensure it's not misinterpreted is gonna strain mah brain!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have thought and done the exact same thing she did! Lesson learned on your part I suppose

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I would have thought and done the exact same thing she did! Lesson learned on your part I suppose

Unless Rush happens to be a close family friend, I wouldn't expect her to think of him at all!

I think you owe your daughter a nice dinner.