We've adopted a kitty from our Humane Society

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittydad

how wonderful that you found a commapnion for harley. Great thatyou also adopted from the HS as well. I got sugar and spice from the animal shelter too, and they are so happy. Glad to hear things are going well for all, and watch those plates.
We definately are going to have to watch our plates, thats for sure!!

Thank you everyone for your extremely kind comments and support

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the new kitten. Sounds like he will fit in just great!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Kenz!!!
I just saw this..I haven't been on much this weekend..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Luna sounds like a real sweety

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you found ther perfect kitty for your family. I can't wait to go see pictures!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much guys! I just put some updated photos of him in his thread in Fur Pics

Him and Harley are really getting along so wonderfully
I'm so blessed! The hissing has stopped, but he is SUCH a talker- to Harley & us too! They love to wrestle and run around, while playing with all the toys and he loves the tents we have, he runs in and out of them all day

They groom eachother for awhile, but he's not sure about that yet, after a few minutes he'll start meowing at Harley to back off! Harley's smart enuf to walk away and come to me for loving

I think Harley is really happy with him, I'm so pleased with how the intros went!

We are still struggling with names- but it'll come to us soon enough

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy I was able to open this post, congrats on your new baby. Am looking forward to seeing pics. I wish I could adopt more kitties but Misty is a one house cat, she doesn't want any company except her meowmie and any guests that come over, what can I do, she is the boss.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just logged in and this is the second thread I've read. I'm so happy for you, John and Harley. Having this new kitty is wonderful. Sounds like it was a match made in heaven for all of you.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I just logged in and this is the second thread I've read. I'm so happy for you, John and Harley. Having this new kitty is wonderful. Sounds like it was a match made in heaven for all of you.
Thanks so much! He really was just for us- he's puuuurfect!

Plus, he's my kinda kitty- he loves posing for the camera!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't read all the posts here yet Kenz...but I just wanted to add my congratulations too! Luna is soooo beautiful! I'm happy that you've found a sweet baby...

Hilda>^..^<

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Boy, your Harley is really something special. He took to Davidson like a champ, and now to Bayley like it's no big deal. He's really just a big furry mushball, isn't he!

I'm so happy for you that the introductions are going so well!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Boy, your Harley is really something special. He took to Davidson like a champ, and now to Bayley like it's no big deal. He's really just a big furry mushball, isn't he!

I'm so happy for you that the introductions are going so well!
I am so proud of him, he's been such a champ thru it all! Accepting Davidson and now Bayley- he's a very good boy! I'm not gonig to test it anymore tho, no more new kitties for awhile!

They have gotten along so well all day... well, that could be because they have been sleeping most of the day
And I've been in Bayley's face with the camera taking a gazillion photos

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

I am so happy that you have found a new furbaby to spoil! He is fabulous and it says so much that Harley is willing to let the newbie into his life. What a great guy! I hope Bayley makes it all a bit easier. You've had quite a rough week and I'm glad you are smiling now. Davidson obviously knew just the right kitty for you, John and Harley...

Enjoy him,
Jen

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...Kenz, I've had a busy week, and haven't been on here often, so I'm just seeing this thread now. You have been in my thoughts.

Congrats to you, John, and Harley for opening your hearts to another cat...a part of little Davidson will always be alive in your new companion, Luna (or whatever his new name will be). I'm so glad he's adjusting, and that Harley is taking the newcomer like a little man.

Good for you! Give those little boys a hug and kiss from their Auntie Wookie!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what it was about your story, but it has helped me so much. Even though it's been over 3 years, I never really let myself grieve the loss of my Smokey. Maybe it's because the way you lost Davidson is one of my worst fears. When I read about Bayley, it made me smile because I truly believe that they know which kitty would be right & somehow they guide us to them. The day after Smokey died, I went to a friends house & she was fostering Levi (his name at the time was Orion). He had come to the shelter the day before Smokey died. I took one look at him & started to cry. He looked so much like she had as a kitten. He looked at me, got off my friends lap & layed down on my shoulder next to my face. He picked me. In my case Smokey had been sick & I think she held on until somehow she knew my next kitty was there. I wanted to share this poem becuase it seems fitting.

How did you know?

The day had come I never wanted.
I couldn't bear to awake without you there.
I knew you'd never want to live that way.
So; I did what you had done so strongly for the last 2 years.
I lifted my head from my pillow of pain to face another day.
You gave me love and devotion for 17 years.
I would have given the world for you to be OK.
But at the end of the battle I could ask nothing more of you.
It was your turn to ask.
You asked only one thing.
The thing I didn't think I'd be able to do.
You eyes said it was time, my heart said it never would be.
When you time neared, yout strength pulled me through
Strength I now know was because you knew
You knew your time was done, you'd given me all you had to give.
You knew in a house not too far away awaited 2 souls in need of love
Souls I didn't knew existed but you knew
You knew their need for me was as great as my need for them.
So you let me hold you one last time
and quietly slipped away leaving a hole in my heart.
A hole just right for two little boys.
Who each had holes in their heart just right for me.