Wet only feeders

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Ok, THIS is the OP question:

Auntie, we all know what you think about raw.
I am not taking about Jim, Jen or Janet. Her, mine, and our cats here at TCS do not live in the wild either - they spend most of their times laying under our beds... leading a very different life from wild cats...

IMO this is going way way way off in a tangent here, and not helping to answer the OP at all...
So, you might want to PM her about the Raw thread and have this discussing there?
I understand you are passionate about raw and you want all cats to eat raw, but IMHO it is really not helping the OP here.
Can we go back to actually answering the OP question?
Wow.

I wasn't answering the OP's question with my last two posts, Carolina, I was answering what I thought were legitimate questions from you. I also never talked about raw, only commercial. With a raw diet, you could certainly count calories - but, I'm very sad to see - you weren't really asking about counting calories.

Originally Posted by Carolina

To say that cats eating commercial wet food become overweight, is simply not true.
I most assuredly, quite clearly, never ever said that.

Regards.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holland weighs around 7 pounds, and she gets 3oz wet in the morning, 3oz wet in the evening, and a quarter cup of kibble for free feed during the day. I usually feed her Friskies, because it's the best I can do with my budget at the moment. I will give her Fancy Feast wet as an indulgence every now and then.

Also, she is EXTREMELY picky... she will NOT eat "pate" style, it has to be grilled, chunky or flaked. And she will NOT eat beef, she prefers poultry and seafood...
If I dare to give her pate or beef, she will sniff it and look at me like "what the hell do you expect me to do with THIS?!?".