Wet food with no gums besides Tiki Cat or Whole Hearted?

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I feed my two cats, Celeste and Ramses, exclusively wet food— just recently cut out dry completely after Ramses got blocked last week, but it was previously only a little at night for snacking.

I know that canned food is best for cats as it has the hydration that they need. Especially for one of my cats with urinary issues, this is very important. However...

my complication is that Celeste is allergic most definitely to guar gum, and likely other thickeners in pates, too. For this reason she does very well on Tiki Cat. Ive also fed limited ingredient Natural Balance as well as LI Whole Hearted. I know that Tiki Cat is mostly fish, though, and that’s not good to feed your cat almost exclusively on. Celeste has also recently gotten picky with chicken which makes it even harder— she seems to only want the Tiki Cat fish.

Has anyone had success with gum free wet food besides Tiki? I would love any suggestions.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try these TCS threads:

There's also this chart to use:

Astragal14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rawz pate don't have gums I believe. Not sure if every item is like this, but the ones with 96% written on them should be gum free.
Rawz is great! The pates don't have any gums and my gum-sensitive cat loves most of their proteins. Have you tried Tiki Cat After Dark? It's the only gum-free shredded food I've found, and they offer chicken mixed with various other non-fish proteins, maybe that can help your cat eat more non-fish proteins. Here's our list of gum-free favorite pates:

Rawz
Lotus
Hound and Gatos (he only likes a few varieties, though)
Pure Vita
Nutri Source (Pure Vita and Nutri Source have had major production delays the past year, I can only find cases of 12 on their website)

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In addition to the Rawz pates and Tiki Cat after dark (shredded only, not the pates), I feed my kitty the following gum-free foods:

Feline Natural (lamb)
Ziwi Peak (Mackerel)
Farmina (Wild boar)

My cat refused the Feline Natural at first, but following comments on Chewy, I mixed a tiny bit with her Rawz turkey and gradually increased the proportion over several weeks, and now she loves it on its own. I think it smells funny.

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rawz is great! The pates don't have any gums and my gum-sensitive cat loves most of their proteins. Have you tried Tiki Cat After Dark? It's the only gum-free shredded food I've found, and they offer chicken mixed with various other non-fish proteins, maybe that can help your cat eat more non-fish proteins. Here's our list of gum-free favorite pates:

Rawz
Lotus
Hound and Gatos (he only likes a few varieties, though)
Pure Vita
Nutri Source (Pure Vita and Nutri Source have had major production delays the past year, I can only find cases of 12 on their website)
Oh did you mean to reply to me or original poster? But yes I agree! My younger cat loves Rawz and seems to have some gum sensitivity so I'll prob stick to Tiki cat and Rawz for him.

Also, PureVita has Agar Agar I believe! I feed the turkey entree pate for my other cat as it's the only wet he will eat consistently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, everyone, and wow, fabulous list LTS3 LTS3 ! I didn’t even know it was here, but it’s so helpful, thank you!

I will definitely have to check out Rawz. Havent tried it, but thank you so much. I do feed Tiki Cat After Dark too, I love that one, and I think it has great moisture content too. Celeste can be a little picky about it though, I think she doesn’t like how watered down it is, but I’ve been able to coax her into eating it with treats. Wish there were more brands like Tiki. They are fabulous.