Super Cat
Purraise
But she's never had a issue before um what kind of wet food do you reccomend

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But she's never had a issue before um what kind of wet food do you reccomend
If she has never had issue before, are you sure the diarrhea is about food and not something else? Some dry foods also have probiotics in them. Sometimes they fix the damage if there is a minor loose stool situation but it's not the dry food that does that but the probiotics if there is one. So I would first check if it is about food and not a health issue.

It IS possible to develop new food intolerances though. Check the ingredients of the wet food she gives a bad reaction to and try something that has a different ingredient. I would start with a simpler formula ingredients-wise. Fancy Feast classic pate in the USA seems to be a popular choice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I fed wet food to her before I had to put her gabapentin and her antibiotic in it she had loose stool but she had a good appetite though that's weird

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do I do if she has diarrhea because of the wet food should I stop it or mix it in with a little dry food she only had it when she was introduced to it as a kitten but it's the same brand 9 lives unless you any ideas for a different brand i should use that won't cause this
Did you switch from dry to wet all at once or slowly transition? If a Cat has been eating dry food or low quality wet food like Friskies, 9 Lives, or most grocery store brand foods (lots of plant based ingredients) then it's fairly common to have diarrhea and/or vomiting if suddenly switched to another food. If you can afford it try feeding her a good quality canned food like Instinct, Dr Elsey's, or Tiki Cat (the after dark flavors are better but more expensive) and see if the diarrhea clears up after a few days. Some more affordable options are Fancy Feast Classic (make sure it's classic, the other varieties have a lot of junk), Kasiks, and Tiny Tiger which is Chewy's in house brand. That will help you tell whether it's from suddenly switching food or a reaction to one of the ingredients. It's possible it's also a reaction to the specific type of protein, so if nothing else works try different flavors of the same food and see if that clears it up.

A raw or freeze dried raw food is also an option if you can afford it, there's a forum section here just for raw diet.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
But she's had it before with no problem what wet food do you all reccomend me try see if anything changes I rather have wet food she doesn't seem to like water

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Did you switch from dry to wet all at once or slowly transition? If a Cat has been eating dry food or low quality wet food like Friskies, 9 Lives, or most grocery store brand foods (lots of plant based ingredients) then it's fairly common to have diarrhea and/or vomiting if suddenly switched to another food. If you can afford it try feeding her a good quality canned food like Instinct, Dr Elsey's, or Tiki Cat (the after dark flavors are better but more expensive) and see if the diarrhea clears up after a few days. Some more affordable options are Fancy Feast Classic (make sure it's classic, the other varieties have a lot of junk), Kasiks, and Tiny Tiger which is Chewy's in house brand. That will help you tell whether it's from suddenly switching food or a reaction to one of the ingredients. It's possible it's also a reaction to the specific type of protein, so if nothing else works try different flavors of the same food and see if that clears it up.

A raw or freeze dried raw food is also an option if you can afford it, there's a forum section here just for raw diet.
I can't and I would love to try but my provider told me it would give her worms so I'm so not trying to mess with that I do give her green beans not all the time when I have them on my plate she gets a hand full that's her healthy treat she loves them please tell me what I'm doing wrong I gave her a little scoop of dry food she turned her nose up and walked away I did add a little water to the wet food maybe that was my mistake

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't and I would love to try but my provider told me it would give her worms so I'm so not trying to mess with that I do give her green beans not all the time when I have them on my plate she gets a hand full that's her healthy treat she loves them please tell me what I'm doing wrong I gave her a little scoop of dry food she turned her nose up and walked away I did add a little water to the wet food maybe that was my mistake
Worms? No, only if you are letting her eat Rodents and Birds from outside. If you get it from a reputable source (as in, the companies that produce commercial raw food) there is little to no risk of bacterial contamination, and essentially zero risk of parasites. Too many Vets buy into the hysteria that raw is bad because Salmonella is a possibility for those who prepare their own raw pet food and don't properly handle it, but you're actually more likely to have a recall of dry food due to contamination.

Green beans are plants, they are not good or healthy for a Cat. You could give her a little bit as a treat every now and then but a handful? Depending on how often you do that it could be part of the reason she has diarrhea.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't do it alot its once an a while I looked in her box and it was loose and it looked like it had like oily stuff in it idk if I should show you i don't know how to explain it um TMI guys

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Im gonna mix the wet and dry see what happens and hope she doesn't have loose stools she's never touched a rat or a bird at all she's a indoor cat I refuse to let her go free I would have heart failure

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Question is their away to rinse the gravy off is that the cause of her having the loose stools

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt that is the reason. Cats can get loose stool when their food is changed. If you recently switched food (it could be brand or flavor) and it was a sudden switch that could be the reason. You either need to stick it out until her body adjusts to the new food or go back to what she was eating before and transition her slowly.

Canned food is better than dry. If you want to keep her from bothering you at night, I like to use a good quality dry kibble in one of those toys that release the treat when they interact with it. Like a ball you fill with food. The ball has holes in it so when the cat pushes the ball around it releases the treat. Use a good quality dry food as the treat. Then she won't likely bother you at night. Also if you ever need to go away for a day or two and need to leave food out, you could leave dry out and she would be ok with it for a day or two.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I doubt that is the reason. Cats can get loose stool when their food is changed. If you recently switched food (it could be brand or flavor) and it was a sudden switch that could be the reason. You either need to stick it out until her body adjusts to the new food or go back to what she was eating before and transition her slowly.

Canned food is better than dry. If you want to keep her from bothering you at night, I like to use a good quality dry kibble in one of those toys that release the treat when they interact with it. Like a ball you fill with food. The ball has holes in it so when the cat pushes the ball around it releases the treat. Use a good quality dry food as the treat. Then she won't likely bother you at night. Also if you ever need to go away for a day or two and need to leave food out, you could leave dry out and she would be ok with it for a day or two.
Been their with the whole treat ball no go on that she was so mad she went for my phone cord and I do give her treats too not all the time right now she's harassing
Me to play so I am gonna stick with the wet food I rather her have that it's better for her

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Like before I leave for work she will get a treat the let i her know I love her and I miss her while I'm gone

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been their with the whole treat ball no go on that she was so mad she went for my phone cord
I really wouldn't relate those two. Cats don't get mad at one thing and take their anger out on something else in spite. Their brains don't work that way. The phone cord was simply there as a fun distraction. Eventually if she was curious or hungry enough she would likely try to figure out the treat ball. Plus, it is good mental stimulation for an otherwise boring life in a small room.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I also leave all the window blinds open all day for her. To look out and it's a very big room she has a bookshelf to jump up on I'm getting rid of to get her a cat tower

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She has. A bookshelf she likes to jump up on and stay their and watch out the window