Wet food recommendation

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
We are trying to move our baby girl to wet food 100% and give her only some kibble once a day just like a treat and we are searching a very good wet food . We are on a diet for struvite crystals and she isn t anymore into hill s kibble .
Any advice for pate or something like that ? She eated Schesir , applaws and canagan wet food but i wouldn t go for them 100% because isn t considered a complete food??? Also she lost interest in them .

how much wet food she should eat/day in order to give her all the protein, nutrients and so over ?
Any recommandation is well deserved, i must say that the price will not be an issue, only the disponibility in my country.
I read about the Ziwipeak food but unfortunately isn t available in Romania and no delivery accepted .
ALSO, what suplements do you give your cats and how are them helping ?

thank you !

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
It appears you have zooplus, and also petmart and animax .ro - can you access those? I don't know what's available but one option could be Purina Pro Plan Focus Urinary Tract Health.

How Much Food Should I Feed My Cat? – TheCatSite Articles

What about B vitamins, especially B12, for her appetite? I'm not a vet, but D-Mannose supports the bladder by not allowing adhesion of bacteria to the bladder walls if I understand it correctly.

I use both d mannose and cornsilk on my cat who has UTI. Now d mannose and alcohol free cornsilk both bought from iherb

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
It appears you have zooplus, and also petmart and animax .ro - can you access those? I don't know what's available but one option could be Purina Pro Plan Focus Urinary Tract Health.

How Much Food Should I Feed My Cat? – TheCatSite Articles

What about B vitamins, especially B12, for her appetite? I'm not a vet, but D-Mannose supports the bladder by not allowing adhesion of bacteria to the bladder walls if I understand it correctly.
Indeed, i have animax and zooplus but i tried every good option from Animax and she isn t eating them well . Only option is to order from zooplus but i don t know what is a better food there (pate) . Our vet said if we transit her for weet food she didn t need to eat urinary again because we will get some pills that help her urinary tract (urinovolt disolution i guess).
i will ask today for some supplements, but when she told me her immunitary system is very good and isn t necessarily to take vitamins but i will push with more questions .

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,
We are trying to move our baby girl to wet food 100% and give her only some kibble once a day just like a treat and we are searching a very good wet food . We are on a diet for struvite crystals and she isn t anymore into hill s kibble .
Any advice for pate or something like that ? She eated Schesir , applaws and canagan wet food but i wouldn t go for them 100% because isn t considered a complete food??? Also she lost interest in them .

how much wet food she should eat/day in order to give her all the protein, nutrients and so over ?
Any recommandation is well deserved, i must say that the price will not be an issue, only the disponibility in my country.
I read about the Ziwipeak food but unfortunately isn t available in Romania and no delivery accepted .
ALSO, what suplements do you give your cats and how are them helping ?

thank you !
Human-grade raw is best with human-grade canned as a close second. Anything less than human-grade, aka feed-grade, is going to negatively impact your cat's health. Kibble is bad for your cat's health, too, even in small amounts. I can tell you more about this if you'd like. I don't know if any of these brands are available in Romania, but here are the brands I recommend: Nature's Logic canned or raw and Tiki Cat canned or raw.

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Human-grade raw is best with human-grade canned as a close second. Anything less than human-grade, aka feed-grade, is going to negatively impact your cat's health. Kibble is bad for your cat's health, too, even in small amounts. I can tell you more about this if you'd like. I don't know if any of these brands are available in Romania, but here are the brands I recommend: Nature's Logic canned or raw and Tiki Cat canned or raw.
Unfortunately i don t find here tiki cat and nature s logic . I read about them . I need to find some food similar to them .
one of my associate have a deposit for cat and dogs food and i asked him about order some food but no luck. He only sell advance, purina, dr clauders and something else and his distributor don t import another brands .
I need to find something on zooplus that can be delivered in Romania .

Mr. Mojo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what brands of canned food you have access to in Romania but here's a video review of the best "cheap" wet cat foods.

Here's a video review of the best wet cat foods for 2022

My boy Mojo is not fussy and will eat anything but I try to keep him on decent canned foods like Wellness, Weruva, Tiki Cat, and Natural Balance. I check the label and never by canned food that says "meat byproducts" in the ingredients. I also try to give him a variety of brands so he isn't addicted to just one. Depending on what shift I am working I will leave him a 1/4 cup of kibble in his dish for him to snack on while I am at work. However Mojo LOVES his food and will eat everything and lick his plate clean.

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what brands of canned food you have access to in Romania but here's a video review of the best "cheap" wet cat foods.

Here's a video review of the best wet cat foods for 2022

My boy Mojo is not fussy and will eat anything but I try to keep him on decent canned foods like Wellness, Weruva, Tiki Cat, and Natural Balance. I check the label and never by canned food that says "meat byproducts" in the ingredients. I also try to give him a variety of brands so he isn't addicted to just one. Depending on what shift I am working I will leave him a 1/4 cup of kibble in his dish for him to snack on while I am at work. However Mojo LOVES his food and will eat everything and lick his plate clean.
I will check what on the video is available here . The only food that i found here but not easy is Sanabelle wet food (different flavours on order), lily s kitchen on some big pet shops, petkult (online order as sanabelle ) , matisse(same, online ) . I will order one of each to see if any luck .
she eated yesterday some pate i bought from Miamor but only from my finger 🤦🏻‍♂️