Wet food recommendation

Monkeybutt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
My cat has a chicken allergy making buying wet food a little difficult since chicken is a ingrediatnt in almost everything except L.I.D.

I did some research between instinct, Merrick, blueBuffalo, and purebalance but can’t lean any way specifically due to the amount of recalls and controversial ingredients.
Do any of you have experience with this matter?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed what they will eat. My little girl has allergies that result in sores at times, but I have never pinned it down, but am leaning towards fish. Which is another huge ingredient in cat food. I feed turkey and chicken Fancy Feast with extra gravy and Purina Pro Plan. Reviews are great, and I rely on them all time, but with pet food, there would be such an outcry if it was truly bad, they would be shut down. It is being studied now that all these 'natural' ingredients they are using are causing horrible consequences because they are not a natural part of a carnivore's diet. People are killing their pets too putting them on vegetarian diets because they think they are healthy. So really, find a good name brand with the thing you are looking for, no chicken or its byproducts, and feed what he will eat. Cats lived for many years on dry diets, but they were most likely supplemented by mice and other natural food. Now that we keep our cats indoors, they are trapped into eating what we give them. Blue Buffalo Blue Basics Limited ingredients sound like a good one. I hope someone can come on and give you some better ideas, like specific brands, etc. that is why we are here!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Also Kasiks aka First Mate has no fillers and salmon flavor has no chicken.

They have a turkey flavor as well but it has chicken liver in it

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You may want to take a look through this chart to find LID type foods that also don't contain the iffy ingredients you want to avoid.

Check This Out.... Chart For Cat Food Ingredients

Rawz is a good brand of canned food with few fillers. It's not LID technically but many cats with food sensitivities do well on this brand.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I second the Rawz brand. Sometimes a bit difficult to find depending on your location but has very few objectionable ingredients.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Limited Ingredient Diet - often they are labeled, but typically you have less fillers and only one protein source. Honestly there are a lot of fantastic brands not specifically labeled that have a small set of ingredients and even less fillers (is peas, potatoes, plant starches) than name brand LID labeled foods