Wet food I bought today

houdini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today I decided to stop by petsmart and pick up some wet food for Houdini. He has been on dry his whole life as far as I know, and I have given him those new Broths and he liked those. His dry is obviously stale at this point so I decided today was as good as any to pick up some good wet food. I bought 2 cans of Wellness Core grain free, 1 Instinct grain free, and 2 Nutro Natural Choice and 1 Nutro Max Cat to start with.

Are these good options? I want to give him a high quality, variety diet.
Thanks!

cassthecatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, those sound like good chioces. But I'm not really much of an expert at these things.

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those are good choices except the Nutru Max is not grain free so I'd maybe stay away from that one .  The Natural Choice is grain free and it seems most cats love it. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today I decided to stop by petsmart and pick up some wet food for Houdini. He has been on dry his whole life as far as I know, and I have given him those new Broths and he liked those. His dry is obviously stale at this point so I decided today was as good as any to pick up some good wet food. I bought 2 cans of Wellness Core grain free, 1 Instinct grain free, and 2 Nutro Natural Choice and 1 Nutro Max Cat to start with.

Are these good options? I want to give him a high quality, variety diet.
Thanks!
The Fancy Feast Broths are only a supplement food. They're ok as a treat or an addition to regular canned or dry food but not as the only food.

Any grain-free brand is good as long as your cat will eat it
You can sign up onthe Nature's Variety web site to get coupons. I don't know if Wellness still offers coupons anymore.

Do you have independent pet stores in the area? Those are a good place to buy other brands of food such as Weruva.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

houdini

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't believe we have an independent store, Teskies might be though.

I accidentally purchased the Nurto Cat Max instead of getting all of three of the Natural Choice kind.

We tried Wellness Core Chicken, Turkey and Liver I believe, first. He took to it right away but stopped half way through, so I microwaved it for a few and added some hard treats in and he ate the remaining except a chunk. Will try to feed another 1/3 of the can for dinner. Hoping to eventually get him on the Instinct Raw Boost kibble once a day, and have wet being the other two meals. It will be pricy, but I cannot wait to see how/if things change for him!

Thanks for all of the replies!

reikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wellness is fine as part of rotational diet, but I know there dry food has a small history of causing urinary issues in kitties. Otherwise I really like their food and it's always popular with my cats.

Petco has a much better selection of high end canned foods then PetSmart does. PetSmart is under going a change to carry more of the grain-free healthier foods but their selection is nowhere near Petcos's.

Also several of the higher end brands have reward programs so check into that too.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe we have an independent store, Teskies might be though. Ell as core is very dense water it down and feed less

I accidentally purchased the Nurto Cat Max instead of getting all of three of the Natural Choice kind.

We tried Wellness Core Chicken, Turkey and Liver I believe, first. He took to it right away but stopped half way through, so I microwaved it for a few and added some hard treats in and he ate the remaining except a chunk. Will try to feed another 1/3 of the can for dinner. Hoping to eventually get him on the Instinct Raw Boost kibble once a day, and have wet being the other two meals. It will be pricy, but I cannot wait to see how/if things change for him!

Thanks for all of the replies!