Wet Food Feeding Trials

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

This is what Raja and Mizu's menu board looks like for roughly the next ten days. I already know they're fans of Halo's salmon, Nutro's Salmon and Duck (took 3 stores to find it too...) and Canidae's Rabbit. Trying to add a few more regulars into the rotation. Both of them are protesting the Tiki Mousse tonight and that's unusual for Raja, she eats mostly everything.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

This is what Raja and Mizu's menu board looks like for roughly the next ten days. I already know they're fans of Halo's salmon, Nutro's Salmon and Duck (took 3 stores to find it too...) and Canidae's Rabbit. Trying to add a few more regulars into the rotation. Both of them are protesting the Tiki Mousse tonight and that's unusual for Raja, she eats mostly everything.
And I thought I was the only one who makes “menus “ for my cats meals. :D I lay the cans/ pouches ahead of time on my kitchen island for the next few days breakfast- lunch-dinner. For example tomorrow they are each having 1/2 5.5 oz can of merrick beef pate and 1/2 3 ounce pouch of merrick backcountry beef for breakfast followed by a 1/2 3 oz can of purina pro plan true nature chicken and liver pate for lunch followed by 1 3 oz can of nutro chunky chicken for dinner. The fact that I have that memorized is kind of funny? Anybody want to know Tuesday ‘ s food selection :biggrin::crackup:?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like you have a cat food buffet! I have a peninsula kitchen with a bar counter. As I type this Daisy is trying to walk on my keyboard.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Based on what you know so far, would anyone like to guess which flavor and brand will win?

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And I thought I was the only one who makes “menus “ for my cats meals.
Ha! You're more organized than I am! Their food is kept in a storage cube so I keep a list on my surfboard on the refrigerator. Food they eat well gets a tally next to it. Items with tally marks get repurchased and items that don't I keep a different list of so that I don't buy them again.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMG_2856.JPG
Ha! You're more organized than I am! Their food is kept in a storage cube so I keep a list on my surfboard on the refrigerator. Food they eat well gets a tally next to it. Items with tally marks get repurchased and items that don't I keep a different list of so that I don't buy them again.
I don't know. That sounds really organized. I'm lucky mine love wet food and are not too picky. I call them little piggies. That's my buffet for the next two days haha :lolup:

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is a tally mark?
A tally is a hash mark, usually used to calculate ongoing results. I may have to start drawing paws now...
I don't know. That sounds really organized. I'm lucky mine love wet food and are not too picky. I call them little piggies. That's my buffet for the next two days haha
Your buffet looks a looks a lot like the inside of my cat food cube! I have only one picky eater, Mizu. She eats her wet about 50% of the time and isn't consistent with her likes and dislikes so it's challenging. I sent away for some Dr. Elseye's Clean Protein and received the samples today: a small bag of chicken and a small bag of salmon dry and two 5.5 ounce cans of wet. The good news is Mizu enjoyed the small handful of dry I let her taste.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely get super angsty about feeding the right variety. Am I feeding too many options? Not enough options? Also, I get a huge thrill feeding Olive new foods and seeing if it takes. It's less fun for the picky boys, I throw out a lot of options with them. When I worry about feeding too few flavors, I look at the cat food cabinet and feel better. Then I start to wonder if I have an obsession ...

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL The cats are obsessed. I can't see what everything in your cabinet is but you're going to spend a whole month clearing it out

The most annoying thing at Petsmart is what they don't have. Solid Gold is listed on their website, but nowhere in the store's cat food aisle. ARGH!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, yeah. I plan on stocking up 5 or six regular flavors and rotating them through. My autoships are set to 12 weeks, but I’ll see if I need to adjust.

I picked up some Solid Gold from Pet Club, not sure if you have one of those near you. I’m going to see if Gohan likes it, he’s a harder one to convince to eat wet food.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Theo only store that sells Solid Gold here is Petco. Because I can walk to Petsmart, which is next to the grocery store, I have no other reason to go to Petco.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL The cats are obsessed. I can't see what everything in your cabinet is but you're going to spend a whole month clearing it out

The most annoying thing at Petsmart is what they don't have. Solid Gold is listed on their website, but nowhere in the store's cat food aisle. ARGH!
Is it by the front of your local PetSmart store? I happened to notice the display right at the front of my store. It wasn't with the other cat food in the back of the store.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it by the front of your local PetSmart store? I happened to notice the display right at the front of my store. It wasn't with the other cat food in the back of the store.
When I enter the store, I am on the opposite side of where the cat food aisle is. It's a front-to-back arrangement, with one entire aisle dedicated to cat food.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I enter the store, I am on the opposite side of where the cat food aisle is. It's a front-to-back arrangement, with one entire aisle dedicated to cat food.
I saw solid gold at petsmart the other day. It's got its own display more towards the middle of the store. I did not see it in the cat food isle. If you can't find it ask an assistant. I know they have it bc they just started carrying it and there has been some heavy advertising

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
image.jpg
image.jpg
I definitely get super angsty about feeding the right variety. Am I feeding too many options? Not enough options? Also, I get a huge thrill feeding Olive new foods and seeing if it takes. It's less fun for the picky boys, I throw out a lot of options with them. When I worry about feeding too few flavors, I look at the cat food cabinet and feel better. Then I start to wonder if I have an obsession ...

Oh my goodness I'm the same way. Lol. Please pay no attention to all the other unorganized crap in my pantry.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A tally is a hash mark, usually used to calculate ongoing results. I may have to start drawing paws now...

Your buffet looks a looks a lot like the inside of my cat food cube! I have only one picky eater, Mizu. She eats her wet about 50% of the time and isn't consistent with her likes and dislikes so it's challenging. I sent away for some Dr. Elseye's Clean Protein and received the samples today: a small bag of chicken and a small bag of salmon dry and two 5.5 ounce cans of wet. The good news is Mizu enjoyed the small handful of dry I let her taste.
I don't feed my cats any dry food. But if I were to I'd definitely feed Dr. Elseye's. I'm curious to see how yours like the wet food. It's a tad too high in fat for my liking but I'd rather feed them too much fat than too many carbs.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw solid gold at petsmart the other day. It's got its own display more towards the middle of the store. I did not see it in the cat food isle. If you can't find it ask an assistant. I know they have it bc they just started carrying it and there has been some heavy advertising
I assume your Petsmart is regular size and has room to display new items near the cashiers. Mine is a mini store that replaced a CVS.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't feed my cats any dry food. But if I were to I'd definitely feed Dr. Elseye's. I'm curious to see how yours like the wet food. It's a tad too high in fat for my liking but I'd rather feed them too much fat than too many carbs.
This reminds me of a banner graphic I saw online that reads:

Better inside and fat,
Than outside and flat