Wet food blue wilderness

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you use for litter? That’s another think I’m going between brands on trying to find one I like
Currently I'm using Tidy Cat jugs. I have been keeping 4 or 5 on hand. I get those from Walmart .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't currently use their auto service . I had for awhile but ended up with too much food on hand. I buy my Cat litter locally. I had Been using Dr. Elsey's brand Cat litter from chewy in 40# bags. It's a Great Litter. But my boy Jackpot Likes to chew on the litter bags and makes a mess. I've switched to Tidy Cat plastic jugs.
I’m using dr Elsey’s ultra right now and im kinda indifferent to it. I may try a few other of theirs. My bag from chewys came busted so it was a mess. I also have a box with pretty litter which makes a mess! And a box with fresh step crystals. I love the crystals but it’s like stepping in glass so I can’t even imagine their paws

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m using dr Elsey’s ultra right now and im kinda indifferent to it. I may try a few other of theirs. My bag from chewys came busted so it was a mess. I also have a box with pretty litter which makes a mess! And a box with fresh step crystals. I love the crystals but it’s like stepping in glass so I can’t even imagine their paws
Thanks for The input about Fresh Step Crystal's. I wii steer clear of that one.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For wet food, they currently eat fancy feast pate that I add extra water too. I feed them dry royal canin feline urinary care as preventive to avoid urinary issues in the boys.

No dry food is good for urinary issues, not even diets that claim to prevent urinary issues. The key to preventing urinary issues in most cats is to feed a diet high in moisture. Moisture (water) will keep the urine well diluted and the kidneys and other body functions working optimally. A canned food only diet is best. There's more info at Cat Urinary Tract Diseases: Cystitis, Urethral Obstruction, Urinary Tract Infection

If there's some reason you need to feed dry, any good quality dry food will do and preferably you limit the amount the cats get daily. Many people feed mainly canned food and leave a measured amount of dry food out for the cats to snack on.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No dry food is good for urinary issues, not even diets that claim to prevent urinary issues. The key to preventing urinary issues in most cats is to feed a diet high in moisture. Moisture (water) will keep the urine well diluted and the kidneys and other body functions working optimally. A canned food only diet is best. There's more info at Cat Urinary Tract Diseases: Cystitis, Urethral Obstruction, Urinary Tract Infection

If there's some reason you need to feed dry, any good quality dry food will do and preferably you limit the amount the cats get daily. Many people feed mainly canned food and leave a measured amount of dry food out for the cats to snack on.
Thank you. That is great information. They are fed wet 2 times a day and dry is out for when they want it. I’ll work towards making the dry less and less available and move to more wet food.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. That is great information. They are fed wet 2 times a day and dry is out for when they want it. I’ll work towards making the dry less and less available and move to more wet food.
That's is what I'm working toward also. Once the dry is used up That's it.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's is what I'm working toward also. Once the dry is used up That's it.
The one I buy is $60 a bag. I can buy 3 cases of food for that!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This past week I purchased two cases of Blue Buffalo Wilderness "Red Meat" 5.5oz. 24 cans in a case. The "Flaked" version was $42.00 a case . The Pate was $36.00 a case. I didn't check on the current price of BB dry food. Though I would guess the price has risen as well.