Wet Fip

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
People who don’t love animals just don’t understand. They don’t get it that it’s the same as their child being sick, that your animal is a family member. We totally understand that here! Sending get better vibes to Tiger and comforting vibes to you.

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand this feeling of feeling alone, but surrounded by people, and that no one "real" understands their pain, nor is interested in hearing their concern because for them it is "just a cat".
That is why there are these kinds of forums, to find people who understand you, who listen to you and support you at all times, knowing that you are suffering, because we, at some point in our lives, have also felt equally misunderstood by the "real" people around us.

As Kieka Kieka says, feel free to cry here, to vent and talk about everything without fear of anything, here you are surrounded by people with the same feeling for the cats and we will understand you perfectly.

We wait for news, for good news I hope! I send you force :crossfingers::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucy2423

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My vet called me. The pathologist looked at Tiger's fluid sample from this week and found "suspicious" cells. Cancer is back at the top of the list.
I'm so exhausted I can't feel anything right now. I'm numb.

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Suspicious cells are not enough, let's hope we have something clearer... in addition, there are several types of cancer, there are many treatments depending on many factors such as the stage of the disease and much more...
It's not good news... but it's not the worst news.
I understand that you are exhausted... in shock, numb... it is logical, but you are very strong, do not give up the fight and that is very important, you are stronger than you think .

I command more strength! If you need more relief, we'll be willing to listen to you :grouphug2:.

Encouragement and strength! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully it is not FIP. I'm not a Vet but I have had several with FIP. Most recently, I lost my 7yr old cat to it. She was spayed, had all her shots and was doing just fine until about a month before her diagnosis. I find if it is fip, it tends to hit fast and just drains them. Please keep us posted on Tiger. I don't know if you've tried it but they sell a nutrition gel called nutri-cal, its good for cats off food. Maybe he'd take a liking to that a little better.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Of course you are numb, but as Dickie Dickie says, there are many types of cancer, some are very treatable. It may actually be marginally better than wet FIP in some ways.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree, cancer is not a death sentence. Some cancers are very treatable, even curable. The most important thing right now is to find out what it is. Can’t treat it otherwise.

I know how discouraged and emotionally yanked-around you feel but please hang in there. And take care of yourself, please. Your cat needs you. Sending you comforting hugs.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm kind of wondering how I would even go about finding a vet who won't be focused on fip. The second vet I went to requested all of Tiger's records from my current vet. Wouldn't a new vet do the same thing and see fip all over the place and then get it in their head as well?
A different vet will look at the symptoms and tests done, notice only one thing fits for FIP, and start looking for something else.