Wesley and Dune

williamcornock

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All - 

New to the site and thought I'd share my cats with everyone.  Wesley (black and white) is a shy but loving cat - he likes to lure you into a room where it is just the two of you and then he will roll on his back and give you a big "meow"! to convince you to rub his belly.  He's an active cuddler in that he will jump on you, purr like a diesel engine, drool while he licks your nose and demand high impact cuddling until he's done - then he will leave you wanting more.  Wesley also has a strange thing where he needs to be on the most "things" - so, for example, if you have two shirts laying on a bed and one of those shirts is on a towel he will need to be on the shirt on the towel on the bed.  This extends to a strange degree - if he jumps on a table and there's a bag on the table, he needs to be on the bag (even a plastic bag).  He'll literally find the spot that has the most objects between him and the floor and have to sit there.  Doesn't have to be the highest place - just the place where he's on the most things.  He's a "pensive" cat.  Seems to know something grave that he's keeping from us.  Wise.  His brother is not wise.

Dune (the striped one) is the suck; also very clever but uses his powers for mischief.  He wants to be picked up and squeezed (unlike his brother).  He always has to be on a lap and will roll around so he's laying on you upside down, making sure you can scratch his chin with as much access as possible.  He also really likes to be under blankets.  This isn't a hiding thing - he is very aggressive about getting under the blanket if you are on the couch with one on you.  When he naps he usually digs his way into a blanket.  He sleeps under our covers like he's an extra person in the bed!  If a blanket isn't available he'll use a rug or a coat.  I know this may sound like a hiding thing but you have to know Dune and understand that he doesn't hide.  Dune does this enough that we play a "where's Dune" game where we'll take a picture of a room where Dune is snuggled under an object and you can often just see his tail.

I wake up to Dune on my chest most mornings (as seen in the last picture).  He's giving me the "lets get going!" look once the sun comes up.

We have a baby as well and they are very careful around her and will approach with caution.  Dune is very tolerant (he just wants attention of any kind) so even though our little one will grab at his fur pretty aggressively, he seems to be happy enough that someone is interacting with him.  Our child seems to be drawn to Wesley though - he's aloof around her and so I think she wants what she can't have!

They are brothers and about 1.5 years old.  SPCA adopted kitties - their mom didn't make it but we're trying to make sure they have a good life.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're gorgeous!  Welcome to TCS!  It's nice to meet you.  And you, too, furmom101, I don't think I've said hello to you yet.  

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat Site! Your cats are both just gorgeous. Bless you for adopting them, they don't know how lucky they are!

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Really enjoyed your intro! It was a very good read. You've got two handsome little characters there.
That first photo, the expressions, confirms everything you wrote about their personalities.

Welcome!

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what great photos!  And great descriptions, too!  I feel like I really know your kitties!  Welcome to TCS.  
  I hope you have as much fun here as I do!