Weruva Cat Food

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
So weruva cat food has the regular brand of wet food and the cats in the kitchen wet food.. is there any real difference between the two? Can I feed my cat both?

Attachments

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I never fed the regular Weruva but I did feed Cats in the Kitchen. It is very low calorie, so you have to feed multiple cans per day or feed them something else in addition to the Cats in the Kitchen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would be doing 2x cans a day 1 morning and 1 night and dry food... I have been using Purina pro plan which is about the same calories per can..

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you been using the Purina in addition to the wet?

Caloric intake, like humans, really depends on how much your cat(s) currently weigh and how active they are. A rough estimate is to take their current weight and feed 20 calories per 1 lb of adult cat. So, a 10 lb cat *should* eat 200 calories a day. Of course, that's just a number to go by! Some cats will naturally at less, and some cats may need more. Keep an eye on their waistline and see if anyone gets chubby looking, and adjust accordingly.

My cats loved that stuff, and it was great because of how liquidy it was (huzzah more water intake!). However, I had to find other food sources because I couldn't afford to keep feeding strictly CITK....lol.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can feed both. There's nothing wrong with feeding more than one brand or lines within a brand :agree:

See this for a description of all the Weruva lines: Weruva - Cat Cuisine

Weruva also makes Soulistic which is nearly identical to the original Weruva line. You'll find this brand at Petco stores. It's a little less expensive than the Weruva lines and during Petco's big food sales, you can stock up.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont really notice a difference. I feed some of all of their lines. paw lickin chicken, chicken frick a zee, goldie lox, and steak frites are a fav at my house.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can answer this based on what a Weruva rep recently said in a talk she gave in my local pet store. The Weruva Classic is guaranteed to have its meat be boneless, skinless muscle meat only. Cats in the Kitchen simply states "chicken" and is most likely only good muscle meat but could have some skin etc. I'm not sure whether this is a distinction that a cat cares about, but we buyers do. I can't remember what she said was the difference in the TruLux, which is the top of their line.

And as people above mentioned, watch the calories with Weruva. It is lower, sometimes considerably, in calories than most other brands.