Were you the picker or the pickee??

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definately the pickee--I was smart, shy, and I did swim team too, not a popular sport. And my last name is Puckett. Can anyone think what that rhymes with?! Quite a few unpleasant things...lol. Nobody was ever unbelievably horrible to me though,, I saw that Dr. Phil, and was so ashamed of the parents that condone that kind of behavior in their children.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been both. I moved about once a year growing up, and I can tell you that where you end up in the social pecking order is more a matter of luck than anything. Some schools I was in the "in" crowd...in others I was in the "out" crowd. I still haven't figured out whatever determined it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I was the "pickee" before reaching puberty, but later developed enough self-confidence to stick up for myself and others. My family tells me I can be the "Oberbitch" or "superbitch", so I haven't really been bothered by being picked on for about 35 years.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was the pickee. Shy, eccentric, and Jewish, in a non Jewish area. I was picked on all of the time. In the swimming pool, I was told the pool was segregated and my type wasn't welcome there. I had a husky voice, even as a child, and the kids made fun of that as well, not to mention my name "Hope", which was an automatic joke to everyone. They always laughed at me when I had to say my name, and due to the fact that I always carried my emotions and feelings openly for all to see, I was tortured pretty much from grade school through out High School.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Picker is the bully and pickee is the bullied...so..

*sigh* I'm still in school, and I'd have to say I'm the pickee. I've been teased every sense the third grade, and no one ever told me why.

Of course, I'll always tell someone if they've done too far.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

You´re wrong Susie, that person it wasn´t Emerald?

Oh, you mean Esmerelda??? Yes, that's Susan!