Were you always a cat person

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't a cat person until about 6 years ago. When I was growing up, I never had a cat because my mom was afraid of them. She was attacked by a stray cat when she was about 2 years old. I was always an animal person but I never new which animal I was most comfortable around. When I was sixteen, I was dating this girl who had 2 cats. My life changed completely. One of her cats was the sweetest cat I've ever seen. Even though she was usually scared of most people, everytime I went over there she would instantly run up to me and start purring. As soon as I would sit down she would jump up on my lap and fall asleep in my arms. Ever since then I have been in love with cats. Now I'm definately a cat person.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I wasn't a cat person until I got my first cats. I guess I must have liked them to have wanted to get them, although living in an apartment limited my choice of pet (not saying they were second choice or anything, but other than small animals - I kept hamsters for a while - there weren't a lot of options. A dog was out of the question). I didn't grow up with cats, or a lot of pets, but did love animals in general. I had a hamster when I was small and then a dog. Now that I've got cats I'm definitely a cat person

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep...my family has always loved cats...so I have grown up with cats all my life...I can't imagine not having a cat in my house.

Now dh....never really cared for cats until he met me...one of the requirements to get into my family is loving cats lol....he loves cats now

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just an animal person all around! I love most of em! A little scared of snakes and scary ones!
But I can love just about any animal!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Got my first cat in kindergarten been hooked ever since. But I love and owned many animals birds, cats, dogs, girbles, guinie pigs, rabbits, snakes, turtles, ect you name it ive been owned by it. Working at a vets clinic it comes natrul to help any animal. When i was a kid my mom would always joke how if there was a fire i would save the animals before them (not sure she was really joking).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I wasn't a cat person until about 6 years ago. When I was growing up, I never had a cat because my mom was afraid of them. She was attacked by a stray cat when she was about 2 years old. I was always an animal person but I never new which animal I was most comfortable around. When I was sixteen, I was dating this girl who had 2 cats. My life changed completely. One of her cats was the sweetest cat I've ever seen. Even though she was usually scared of most people, everytime I went over there she would instantly run up to me and start purring. As soon as I would sit down she would jump up on my lap and fall asleep in my arms. Ever since then I have been in love with cats. Now I'm definately a cat person.
Aww that is such a sweet story. All of our kitties stories were sweet.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes always. I can't remember not having a cat growing up. My grandparents also had cats. I have so many pictures of myself as a young child with the cats.We also always had dogs. But I'm a cat person. I always was drawn to Siamese cats. And I found my first one when I was 19 and have owned Siamese every since.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a kitten and puppy in residence before I was born and they were the first "family" I met after coming home from the hospital. Whenever visitors came to see me, they would sit underneath my baby bed.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i didn't have a cat until i was about 20 or so...after i moved out of my parent's house & lived on my own. i've had at least one ever since, except for about 4 years when i went back to school for my degree. Medley, my first cat, died while i was in school. i was living at my parent's house again, so didn't get another cat until i was settled in an apartment & a job i knew i was staying at for a while.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always had cats.......and horses, dogs, chipmunks, chickadees, geese, chickens, pigs, ponies, more cats, mice, butterflies, more cats.......

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I never liked cats very much. I thought they were snotty and fickle. So I never liked them to much til I met Amber's cats. Annie Rose loves me. She will run up and head butt me any time she sees me. Bagheera and Kitten are really cool cats. They act like dog cats. I dont think Bagheera even knows hes a cat. Now Devil Kitty shes cute and all but I think shes going to kill me in my sleep.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My earliest memories are of sweet kitties.

I always have been and always will be a cat person.
I am blessed.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I put "no, not always" but we had cats when I was kid and I loved them. But we also had dogs and I loved them, too. And rats, and hammies. (okay, maybe not so crazy about the ham-hams...)

I'm not a dog or a cat person. I love them both the same. The both have different characteristics that I love and appreciate. I wanted a cat first, but my b/f didn't want one, so we got Yukon, our first dog, a malamute. He was great, but passed away. Then we got Cash and LT happened upon us and that was it, really. Then I started working at the shelter and fostering kittens and I remember how much I loved cats and knew that we needed one in the family! Even the b/f loves Fat Harriet! Cats are such wonderful companions.

Paige

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
No,I haven't always been a 'cat' person.
But I've always been an animal person and always had dogs.
I've always been afraid of cats since I was a kid and had nightmares for years about being chased and eaten by wild cats,If I saw a cat injured when I was young,I would help it,but I think that was because they were hurt and sort of defenceless if you know what I mean......It couldn't hurt me

Since I found my sweet boy Meir 10 years ago,I love 'em

Don't know why I was so afraid of them

I must admit I still love my RB Doggies
,but I don't feel the same towards dogs as I used to