We're having a heat wave!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okeefecl

Sure, if I can get out of my parking lot! I live in the secondary snowbelt, so if there's a lake effect part of the storm I'm going to be in trouble.
As I sit here, it is a sunny balmy day at 17 degrees F. Please, send more snow, my bobcats love it. Actually so do I. I am in the primary snowbelt. Dead center in the middle of geauga County. Living on the east side, we all know those 2 words very very well. Lake Effect!!!

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Send it over to the North East of England Heidi!. It's going to be 2 degrees tomorrow!
Its getting nigh on zero now - have just come back from Hull after doing the inlaws and outlaws bit and the temperature went from 8 degrees to 1 in 60 miles!!!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Temps in LA have cooled down a bit today. I think it's only in the mid 70's or so. It's been in the 80's the last few days. It's supposed to warm up again this weekend.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Its a toasty 20 degrees in WI with SNOW ON THE WAY (perhaps up to 6 inches!!)
I'm right next-door in SE MN, so we have the same weather. In fact, the snow is coming down quite heavily as I type!!!!
I'd rather have milder weather, I can't even remember when the last nice day was...

d'elle and beau

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
MRSD---nope, my a/c bill doesn't make up for it because I do not have air conditioning! I don't like a/c at all; it does something funny to the air and I do not like how it feels. I would never install it in a house, and do not use it in my truck either, except when I am crossing Death Valley in the middle of the day with Beau in the truck.
! I have an evaporative cooler (AKA "swamp cooler") in the house but personally I would never turn it on all summer for myself. The only reason I ever turn it on is that Beau gets too warm sometimes, and I cannot allow him to be uncomfortable if there is something I can do to make him comfortable. So in the hottest part of the summer, I do turn on the cooler for a few hours during the middle of the day. It doesn't cost very much at all. I think AZ has the best climate in the world.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trade ya for that heat wave!
It's 27 degrees here right now with a possibility of snow tomorrow and Sunday. The weather's been so odd, though, I'll probably be wearing a tank top next week!