We're going to see Temple Grandin in person!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On Valentine's Day my sister and I are going to see Temple at UNCW . She's actually sold out, but I overheard someone talking at supper last night when I was eating with my Club. When I wistfully said that I wished I could go see her the woman said that she knew that some tickets had been turned in and she thought she could get a couple for me and she did! Temple is a hero of mine and I can't wait to see her!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How exciting. I watched that movie about her on HBO and it was very interesting. She's quite a woman!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ironic thing, and even though she is an amazing person, is that people who behave like she does are usually treated as outcasts by society. If you can't read body language very well or send the right type back to people - and they treat you like a leper. Most of the people on here are no exception to that.

I finally got around to seeing her movie not too long ago, too. Is it odd that I found her behavior normal to me?

CATTYBIRD - I hope you enjoy her lecture.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

The ironic thing, and even though she is an amazing person, is that people who behave like she does are usually treated as outcasts by society. If you can't read body language very well or send the right type back to people - and they treat you like a leper. Most of the people on here are no exception to that.

I finally got around to seeing her movie not too long ago, too. Is it odd that I found her behavior normal to me?

CATTYBIRD - I hope you enjoy her lecture.
I completely understand you

I too hope you enjoy seeing and hearing her in person..