We're getting another horse!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - didn't know that with the colors. Paints usually have a lot of white with the color; so I assumed that she would have gotten some more white on her

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks - didn't know that with the colors. Paints usually have a lot of white with the color; so I assumed that she would have gotten some more white on her
Yeah no, I totally see what you're saying. We actually have a Paint Mare at our barn who is completely bay, but she has a small spot on her barrel... so poof she's called a Paint. It's really pretty funny :p my friend who shows her two paints, one of which is breeding stock calls her mare a 'glorified quarter horse' :p

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

Yeah what she said. So she ends up being Breeding Stock Paint. If she had more white I think she could become a minimal white overo or something.

She's pretty darn shaggy and pretty cute! I like the name Jet too!
Actually she's considered a 'warmblood' or 'sporthorse'... due to the mixture of drafty to paint...

petstorejunkie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She cannot be black because of her tan nose. depending on how she colors out in spring she is either dark bay or brown.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually she's considered a 'warmblood' or 'sporthorse'... due to the mixture of drafty to paint...
Yeah if you registered her with American Warmblood Society she could be. I was just referencing because the poster said both parents were Paint, I later saw that she is a draft cross. So I was mostly going off of that. That a Paint can be a paint without white hahaha.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Petstorejunkie

She cannot be black because of her tan nose. depending on how she colors out in spring she is either dark bay or brown.
Tan on the nose and around the eyes makes her Brown...

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so pretty! I can't believe he thought she was he
Oh my..... It doesn't sound like he knows horses very well